Modify NY1

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by R850R, Mar 9, 2010.

1. R850R

R850R tinkerer

I was running the NY1 and 3.5 connector, but during malfunction drills and range time, I noticed that my slide lock lever would engage and would not disengage with the "sling shot" method. Although I never tried it with a loaded mag, but instead with no mag and empty pistol. I think it has something to do with the way the NY1 spring assy pushes up on the cruciform...thus putting pressure on the slide lock lever.

I disassembled the pistol and for giggles, I removed the coil spring from the NY1 assy...leaving the olive colored housing (basically a plastic spring). The pistol worked fine, maybe a perceived "less heavy" take up, crisp break and awesome reset. As an armorer, I know that one shouldn't go messing with stuff...but I tinker.

Just curious if anyone else had tried this and their thoughts. I'm not sure if the plastic will take a "set", but so far it's working out well...time will tell.

I know that this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if anyone is using the NY1 without coil spring and if it developed issues.

Cheers...YMMV

2. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

It's more likely that when you re-assembled the pistol you didn't get the slide lock spring leg in the right place, or there is some other issue with it.
    The only thing that makes contact with the slide lock is the magazine follower, or your thumb.
    The trigger bar/cruciform does not touch the slide lock. I would not rely on the plastic of the NY-1 spring ***'y to keep your pistol running.

3. R850R

R850R tinkerer

point taken...I'll check to make sure I didn't pinch the slide lock lever spring.