Modifing Gen4 Backstraps

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by danbocog, Oct 12, 2015.

1. danbocog

danbocog

After shooting several hundred thousand rounds thru my Gen2, 3 Glocks, I purchase a Gen4 G22 just because it was time for a new Glock.. I installed the small non beaver tail back strap to have a consistent grip with my other Glocks. Saw a video of the "grip force adapter" where the presenter made a statement about the grip being straighter, more like a 1911, which are legal for GSSF, Glocks have always pointed a little high for me and require considerable discipline to break my wrist to point naturally.

Looked at the back strap and saw that if I cut the bottom 2/3 thirds off the back strap it would straighten the grip profile. Works great and reinstalled my Hogue Grip sleeve. to hold in place.

Took the top third medium back strap and installed it on my Gen3 G27 with just the Hogue to hold in place. Had to dremel the "ears " on the inside of the back strap to get it to conform to the Gen3 frame. I will order a new longer trigger housing pin for the Gen3 G27 for better retention.

Have only dry fired them in this condition, but think it is a winner. Have the middle third of the two back straps that are nearly straight for two more of my Glocks.

Don;t think that this is an original idea, but would like to know if this is in violation of GSSF rules like stippling and trigger guard under cutting.

Thanks DannC

2. jab

jab

I see it as a MODIFICATION.

I think the rule saying STOCK is easy to interpret.
    You could email GSSF and ask.
    [email protected]

3. wlkjr

wlkjr

Come on man. I on the other hand see no problem with it. It's not a permanent mod to the pistol itself.
    We still friends?

jab likes this.
  4. jab

jab

LMAO !

5. danbocog

danbocog

Don't want to start a fight between friends,
    but I have another question. I ordered the wrong height front sight to use with the Glock factory rear sight. So I deepened the rear notch. I was still aligning the front post to the top of the rear sight, so I filed it down too. Is this an illegal modification. Where does it end? LOL

6. wlkjr

wlkjr

As long as the sights aren't ghost ring they are ok

jab likes this.