"modified" question

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ilocano, May 25, 2005.

1. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

Is it possible to make a modified upper out of an armscor slide and barrel? How? How much?

Nakakaintriga kalikot powers ni mc_oliver. Willing ka ba sir oliver gawin nating project to?;) salpak ko sana un modified upper sa P16-40 receiver.

Thanks.

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

You might have a problem with the armscor barrel if you decide to drill ports on top of it. Hindi ko lang alam kung gano tatagal yung barrel in that setup.

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

batangueno is right. get a .40 ported barrel

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

I've been thinking about this and I'm sure it could work. The downside is how much recoil flip reduction you can achieve versus the schuemann hybrid barrel since the barrel wall is relatively thinner. Although for about 6K bukos, you can have your barrel sleeved with a hump (like a schuemann) by Balolong. ;)

Drilling the barrel properly is also a big factor unless you're willing to shoot FMJ/TMJ exclusively. Improperly drilled and you'll end up with lead or copper jacket scrapings when the bullet passes by the holes. Bad for accuracy, even worse for your optic lense.

Another thing is with the slide. Without the slide-velocity-reduction of a comp, I'm not sure how it will handle major modified loads, strength-wise.

Lastly, the overall setup of the gun itself. There's just too many mods na 'di na kaya ng file ko to make the gun fit the box.;f And besides, I don't have the funds yet for a full-blown smithing service.

But, hey, don't let me discourage you. It's always nice to tread the un-paved path because you'll learn a lot from it. And I could be wrong in all of the things I've thought about above. The same way I've proven people they were wrong about the armscor slide not holding up if you drill holes on the side. ;)

The modified idea I've shelved for a moment. Yung ganito ang iniisip ko'ng buo-in with an armscor 9mm platform. Mas madali kasi. Watch for it soon.:)

[​IMG]

5. bulm540

bulm540

aha!! , A JL hardy Mongoose.

6. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Teehee, bulm5, it'll only be the basic shape, cuts and (probably) size. But nowhere near as pretty as that mongoose. :)

7. bulm540

bulm540

I tink tha tis Chris Patty's gun. I think it is for sale.

8. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Actually, it's Cy's gun (chp5 in BE's forums) posted in the classifieds. You guys are really lucky to have these sort of blasters available there.

9. bulm540

bulm540

correct. I shoot a factory SV second hand gun. I bought it pretty reasonable from a friend who had to quit shooting (came with six mags). I took twelve overall ( out of 60) in limited ( standard) in last weeks Kentucky State match ( Could easily have been 8th overall but on one stage for some reason my loads were light and would not function the gun). Got to meet Dan Bedell of Bedell's custom. Trying to save up for a bedell or Brazos limited gun. I will post some videos if I can get a hold of the tape.

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

yung isang team mate namin, armscor frame and barrel ang gamit niya for his modified pistol. si Bert sa Corazbal gumawa ng sleeve nang barrel. it has 5 ports. he changed to a caspian slide, though. slapped a slab side to the frame, now its a long dust cover. he uses a cmore so the barrel is a bit short, but capacity is still 17+1

yung isa naman namin ka team, he uses a jpoint sight on his para p16-40. long dust cover din. the smaller optic gives a longer barrel (6ports) and max mag capacity of 18+1. flatter shooting than the short barrel.

11. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

I'm actually trying to figure out how SPS managed to put a 2-chamber port and still be box legal?

[​IMG]

12. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

looks like they used a shortened commander slide. si Jag meron bagong modified pistol bigay nang SPS. di kaya pareho nyan?

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Hay! Wag na nga lang. The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to want one. ;f

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

opinion ko lang ito, pero i think that it's easier to make a modified pistol than an open gun. mas madali mag-tune ng pistol and loads. Yung Armscor gamit ni Alan and Myk okay naman performance

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Hmmmm....

With my already long dust,...palit slide to SPS na full profile, pa-sleeve kay balolong ng armscor barrel, tanggal magwell para kumasya sa box at pa-fit ng slide to frame. Tapos salpak na cmore since butas na frame ko....

Naknangwetwet, doc, kasalanan mo to lahat!

;f

16. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

eng-eng! ang gamitin mong slide para ipa-hybrid cut e yang basag mong slide! tapos pa sleeve mo na din yang bull barrel! hahaha! bad influence ka talaga!

sa sunday, madami naman pwede sabayan. magdadala ako car. pati si 9mx!

17. 9MX

9MX Rei!

danggit mco! your armscolt will morph once more? no mas señor por pabor..~hg

get a new armscor .40 for your new project, leave the franken gun alone ;f

or...bilin mo nalang kaya yung open in 5-0;e

18. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Last night, nag-isip isip ako kung pano kortehin yung basepads para kasya pa rin 19+1....haaaay. Kasalanan 'nyo to lahat! Kung anu-ano'ng ideas pina-pasok nyo sa utak ko! ;f

'Di pede yung orig slide ko, doc. Yung butas sa side kasi tatamaan pag nag-shorten na. Gawin ko na lang spare slide yun pang 40 singlestack, yeebah! :)

Mannix, Sun ba tayo o Sat?

19. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

patabasan mo slide na hindi tatamaan mga butas. kasya yun!

sa sunday na tayo para kumpleto ulit mtv!

20. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Tama 'yan McO gawin mo na modified yang baril mo. ;N