·
Registered
480 Posts
So is this a name my own price??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sorry. I'm just asking people to submit a reasonable offer. I'm in Northern Arizona. I'd be willing to ship to an FFL.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
and price.

·
Banned
15,544 Posts
Hey, Im not really sure about a price I'm hoping some one can point me in the right direction to get them priced so I can list a price. These kinds of guns aren't really "my thing" so I'm just about clueless when it comes to how to price them.
Shooter's Bible

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Get a copy of the latest Fjestads blue book of gun values. It'a an excellent reference for gun values. Also pick up a copy o the Gun Digest magazine(formally called the gun list). Both are readily available at barnes and Noble bookstores.

JRP99

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Don't know if this helps or not but out of four guns listed on gunbroker.com with buy it now prices the average price was $1524 in various conditions.:dunno:

·
Registered
925 Posts
I watch older Winchesters sell via auction pretty regularly. I have seen some 88s sell over the past year or so. By no means is this definitive however.

I would say a model 88 in good shape should be worth about $550 - $900.

This is based on actual live auction results in the past year. My feeling is that a rifle as you described, model 88, pre-64, .308 would be worth about $750 - $800.

Just my experience at live firearm auctions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A pre-64 has actual checkering, a post 64 has pressed checkering with a leaf at the front of the forearm checkering. He is describing a post 64. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts