Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A Glock 44 and like the pistol.The only thing I wish the trigger was lighter pull.Has anybody come up with A solution for 3lb/4lb pull versus 5.5 lb

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I have A Glock 44 and like the pistol.The only thing I wish the trigger was lighter pull.Has anybody come up with A solution for 3lb/4lb pull versus 5.5 lb
Supposedly they take a standard connector.
Why not try a Glock "Minus" or "Dot" connector ?
Ghost makes about 10 different connectors.
Some people like those.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Correct about the needed heavier striker spring for rimfire Fla 265.
The dot is standard on the G44.
I bought a minus and just waiting to get my replacement G44 to install it.
We'll see if it lightens it up a bit.

·
Wood butcher
2,393 Posts
Different strokes. I've never worried about Glock triggers as in a bad situation, you wouldn't notice how stiff it is. As to the 44, a reduced trigger is fine if you are trying to target shoot, but seems to me there are better firearm options if that is the primary objective.

Granted, I don't have one but if I get one, it's simply to use the same platform to inexpensively practice and a reduced trigger wouldn't be a concern. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Joe A.

·
Wood butcher
2,393 Posts
Doesn't make a difference as to ownership. I've shot one when the Glock rep came to us and my own feeling is that the trigger is not "oppressive" and I was able to hit where intended without issue. I'll admit to having used an olive NYT on a non-duty Glock, but other than that, just shoot them. As I said, it's my own opinion.

Reactions: ak103k

·
Registered
312 Posts
My G44’s trigger pull is in the same weight range as my 19 and 41, perfect for my use as a trainer for the other 2.

For range and field shooting I installed the Volquartsen Accurizing Kits in my Ruger Mark IV Hunter and Mark IV Standard. Each trigger pull is 1.5-1.75 #s. Perfect for my intended use for them. Accuracy is outstanding for each Ruger.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
It does feel kind of like a heavy spring compressing when you press the trigger.
That spring has about the same diameter wire as the G17 spring, but it's considerably longer.
IMG_20200615_005455855.jpg

I've noticed the newer springs from GLOCK are lighter colored and slightly longer though.
A spring that has been compressed a lot probably shortens too.

·
Private side
11,595 Posts
... As to the 44, a reduced trigger is fine if you are trying to target shoot, but seems to me there are better firearm options if that is the primary objective.

It is the only rimfire allowed in the rimfire category of GSSF matches.

Reactions: SARDG

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,515 Posts
Different strokes. I've never worried about Glock triggers as in a bad situation, you wouldn't notice how stiff it is. As to the 44, a reduced trigger is fine if you are trying to target shoot, but seems to me there are better firearm options if that is the primary objective.

Granted, I don't have one but if I get one, it's simply to use the same platform to inexpensively practice and a reduced trigger wouldn't be a concern. Just my opinion.
It is the only rimfire allowed in the rimfire category of GSSF matches.
As Bama said, the 44 is used for competition - in Indoor and Outdoor GSSF, and I've used mine in SCSA Rimfire Iron, so the trigger is very important to me.

I put a Glock (-) connector in both my 44s. Not much difference... kind of reminds me of the Glock Slimline toy triggers. That's okay... I shoot a G48 in SCSA Production.

I don't worry so much about triggers in bad situations, because I've never shot a Glock in a bad situation, and likely never will.

·
Wood butcher
2,393 Posts
As Bama said, the 44 is used for competition - in Indoor and Outdoor GSSF, and I've used mine in SCSA Rimfire Iron, so the trigger is very important to me.

I put a Glock (-) connector in both my 44s. Not much difference... kind of reminds me of the Glock Slimline toy triggers. That's okay... I shoot a G48 in SCSA Production.

I don't worry so much about triggers in bad situations, because I've never shot a Glock in a bad situation, and likely never will.
Fair enough, not my thing and didn't consider the sport side of it.

Reactions: SARDG
1 - 13 of 13 Posts