close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Model 20 mags sticking!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by seagiant, Apr 19, 2011.

1. seagiant

seagiant

Hi I have a Glock model 20 and 4 brand new mags. 2 of the mags are fine but the other 2 both stick when i hit the mag release button. i have cleaned everything checked everything and cannot find any reason for this,anyone have a clue? Thanks!

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

I assume all 4 mags are current issue FML? Your mag well is a little tight. I sugest you bring the frame with you the next time you plan on purchasing magazines. Try them before you buy them and you will not be disappointed

3. seagiant

seagiant

Hi JR,
    Thanks for the help. Something that i didn't mention to you is I had a pinging sound everytime I tried to eject a mag. I assumed at first this was something to do with the mag release spring. What it actually was was the little triangular peice on the slide release that holds down the mag follower. When I hit the mag release the small triagle part of the slide release would be allowed to slide off to the side of the mag follower and jam the mag in the mag well and it would not drop! This took quite a bit of figuring out! I then took the mag apart and noticed that the spring was cocked and what was happening was the spring was allowing the mag follower to slip out from under the slide release to the side instead of the slide release holding tension on top of the mag follower and pushing the mag out!
    I straightened the clocked spring to straight and the problem was fixed. This was a brand new mag! Just thought I would pass this along in case others are experiencing the same thing. Thanks again!

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

WOW, good job! Thanks for the update