Modding Glock 35 for comp

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stx.dead.I, Aug 31, 2015.

1. stx.dead.I

stx.dead.I

I just picked up a new Glock 35 Gen4 today for competition use. I plan on doing some mods for it but want to keep it versatile while starting out. I don't care for the stock block triggers and very much dislike the sights. So those two are probably the first two to change out. I like a smaller front sight because I feel a lot more accurate/precise with a smaller front sight. My g22 has the block night sights and at 25yards it covers up over a foot of target space.

Secondly is the trigger, The long slack and sponginess right before the break drives me nuts. I also have a Dan Wesson 1911 that I love. What triggers are like this with almost no take-up and a "Candy Cane break"-Geisselle. Is there anything close to this for glocks??

What other mods are quick to be done? Frame stippling can that be a DIY job? Ive done some pmags and feel confident, just need to find some pics to get an idea of where and how deep I wanna go. Are magwells allowed in pretty much all comps? I guess they are pretty easy to remove though…

I monitor these threads pretty closely when I'm the starter so if theres a question feel free to ask it and Ill respond pretty quick, normally