close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"mob style" firearms inflation...wth!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Airborne Renegade, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

Has anyone else started seeing the price gouges coming out of the woodwork in the past week or so? We have had several down my way (North Carolina). The most recent one I saw was a guy on armslist.com who was trying to sell completely stripped Stag lower receivers for an ar15 at 400 bucks a piece!! I'm usually not one to complain about someone else's prices because if I don't like their price I simply move on but that is ridiculous and I'm seeing it more and more. Buying a used firearm or parts is like buying a used car, once it leaves the lot it depreciates and must have a price on it to reflect that. I have never even seen a stag lower go for more than 150 brand new. Ridiculous!! If you have seen it in your area please respond with your story and where/what you saw that was just completely out of this realm of reality.

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

3. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

Gee, thanks for that advice.

4. NeverMore1701

Sure thing!

Any other conundrums you've been struggling with which I might be able to assist you?

5. GaGlock01

GaGlock01

gun stores see mass shootings times as supply and demand profit time.

Everyone wants to get Bill Gates rich, and 100% + profit is a good way to do it. And the only way they are going to get the demanded price is if you have the, I must have now attitude.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  6. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

Supply, demand
    It's not pretty that capitalism thing

7. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

Haha, no, no other conundrums. Just think it is ridiculous for people to try and make that much overhead. I love firearms and like to bring newcomers to the firearm world as well but seeing crap like that is just aggravating. Like I stated in the original post I would normally just move on if the price isn't for me. I was just simply trying to find out if other areas of the good ole US were experiencing the same situation and not looking for advice on what and what not to buy.

8. NeverMore1701

I do agree that it's stupid, and I won't be participating on either side of the table. I'll be happy when and if everything calms down and returns to normal.

9. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

Yes sir, as will I. So, by your last post "everything returns to normal", I am assuming that you have also noticed a giant leap in prices, correct?

10. NeverMore1701

Demand across the board, prices at many places, which will not be getting my future business.

11. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

I hear ya. I still have one or two local places that have kept their heads out of their 4th point of contact and plan on keeping the business with them. I just thought I would let everyone know that there are stag lowers going for 400 a pop. You know, just in case anyone was interested. The funny thing is that he will probably sell some of them. I feel sorry for those who are uneducated about firearms and looking to build these days. Hopefully people have the sense to research multiple places and products before jumping on a 400 dollar stripped lower. I am stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and have personally seen my soldiers pay ridiculous prices for certain firearms due to the "I want it now" attitude. I had one of my joes pay 1600 bucks for a complete standard dpms ar15. After that, it's time for me to bust out the power point slides and give my platoon a class on purchasing firearms.

12. BossGodfrey

BossGodfrey

My case of pmags have made me over 2000.00 profit on gunbroker. Started the price a 1.00 with no reserve and the natives drove the prices up to 81.00 per mag. Scared fools !

13. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

Scared fools indeed!!! That's different however because they did it to themselves through a bidding war. Worked out for you though. I have also saw the empty shelf spaces where there once were these pmags everyone speaks of.

14. NeverMore1701

One local pawn shop has been selling stripped Stag lowers for $299 for the last several years, I wonder what they're up to now....

15. yellowhand

yellowhand

Is the 1/325th still up and running at Bragg?
    I was with them in 1969, 1970, and 1971 and yes, we carried single shot rifles back then before anyone starts:tongueout:
    but we did have decent boots, not rags on our bleeding feet!

16. elsolo

elsolo

This might be the new normal, is supply doesn't catch up to demand in time.

I am watching any AR stripped lower go for $400, within hours on classifieds

Just saw a .308 AR lower, go for $775, bare.

If the next AWB is not like the 94 one, but they actually ban the sale of more AW's rather than just bayonet lugs and threaded barrels, receivers will never be as cheap as they are right now.

How did class-3 pricing change from 1985 to present?

17. Airborne Renegade

Airborne Renegade

1/325 is still up and running. I am with 1/504.

18. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I'm still trying to get a Colt M4, Mossberg SPX 930 and 2 1911s for my Draco.......you know it's gonna be banned!!!!

19. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

When I was at Bragg, Jim's Pawn Shop had literally cases of SKSs for $80/ea. I still kick myself in the butt over not picking up a few.

1/82 ATK, 1-159 AVN, 4/2 ACR :supergrin:

My son was 1/504 PIR for the fun and excitement in Afghanistan :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  20. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Heck auctions are being bid up to over $500 for lowers... it is the demand, not crooked sellers that is setting the prices.