MO Law Professor Sues School Over Campus Gun Ban

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Oct 1, 2015.

1. janice6

janice6

I sincerely wish him success.

It will be interesting to see him tilting at liberal windmills within their own house.

Caver 60 and oldman11 like this.

2. oldman11

oldman11

I'm with you. I wish him luck. It's good to see that someone is interested in protecting the children more than he is interested in being politically correct. Good luck professor.

Caver 60 likes this.
  3. Dave514

Dave514

If we don't ban guns on campuses how will criminals ever know not to bring guns and commit crimes on campuses? Duh.

They should just compromise with the professor and allow people to bring guns on campus but not shoot guns on campus. That would satisfy both parties and criminals would be prevented from hurting anyone.

Or they could just put up really big signs that say NO BULLETS ON CAMPUS. Then people could have guns but when someone points a gun at you, you are not scared because you know there are no bullets in their gun.

Caver 60 likes this.
  4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

****in' morons.........talking about hunting and secure storage at the police station. It's about self-defense, not hunting.

I hope he is strategizing with Alan Gura. That guy is THE **** when it comes to slaying onerous gun laws.

5. Deltic

Deltic

I will check out AG soon, thanks for the lead.

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

"Gun Free"zones are killing fields waiting to be selected.'08.

7. tattooo

tattooo

I truly hope he wins for future lives to be spared.

8. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Wondering if Professor of Law Barondes referenced DC v. Warren et al in his lawsuit? You know, one of SCOTUS decisions that the police have no obligation or responsibility to protect, intervene, yada yada.

Not that it would or will make a difference. I also wonder if he shopped or could shop the right Judge to find favorable leanings his direction?

I wish him well in his quest.

9. screwedby

screwedby

I have always said, "Places such as courthouses and schools that ban guns are assuming full responsibility for my safety, therefore, they are liable as well."

I am not a curmudgeon, I am THE Curmudgeon!

10. Caver 60

Caver 60

MO 571.107
    (10) Any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the governing body of the higher education institution or a school official or the district school board. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

Wish him success, but the legislature needs to change the law also.