MN cop surrenders on murder charge

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Sam Spade, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Southswede

Southswede

And this absolutely shocked the S**T out of me!!

larry_minn and TBO like this.
  2. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

Special treatment is exactly what he will get as soon as the inmates realize he was a police officer.

3. 11B101ABN

11B101ABN

Never happen.

AD-SEG for the duration of his incarceration.

4. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

Who's going to charge the incompetent ideologue politicians and administrators who politicized LE and put diversity over qualifications? Those are the real murderers in this case.

larry_minn and Dragoon44 like this.
  5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Bruce M likes this.
  6. Southswede

Southswede

7. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

This one has stunk like 6 day old road kill since the beginning.

I can only imagine how many covered for this idiot, the Chiefs token Somalian, during his short career.

8. Random

Random Banned

9. fastbolt

fastbolt

I noticed after your last update post that the judge in the case allowed the additional murder charge, and we're a little over a month away from the jury trial starting.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...s-judge-allows-intentional-charge-to-be-added

Makes me wonder whether we're going to see the trial actually get underway, since the defense has stated they're ready, or see it avoided with a plea.

10. fishhunter3

fishhunter3

he'll be in Somalia with Al-Shabab before the trial starts.

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Update:

The prosecution’s murder case against former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor took a hit Friday when a judge restricted them from presenting several pieces of evidence at his upcoming trial, including the officer’s prior work performance and a psychological exam...

Quaintance ruled that prosecutors could not use Noor’s “prior acts” as a police officer as evidence against him, including an incident in which he pointed a gun at a motorist during a traffic stop and his field training officer’s report that Noor refused to respond to police calls on occasion while he was in training.

The evidence is “not relevant,” the judge said, adding that its value is outweighed by the “unfair prejudice” it could impose...

http://m.startribune.com/ex-minneap...ng-prevails-on-prior-acts-question/506545012/

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

larry_minn and DonGlock26 like this.
  12. fastbolt

fastbolt

Really? Anybody not have heard that name?

https://www.jurispro.com/expert/emanuel-kapelsohn-667

https://www.peregrinecorporation.com/

Looking at the experience listed for the judge, perhaps she's wanting to make sure this trial gets off on the right foot and not let it have any excuse to later be claimed to have strayed off course where the defense has an easy time appealing how she presided over it?
    http://www.mncourts.gov/About-The-Courts/Overview/JudicialDirectory/Bio.aspx?id=227

Sounds like she's going to make the prosecution put on their dance shoes and toe the mark. If they have a good case, that ought not unduly bother or hamper them. No reason to risk later losing a conviction on appeal by allowing the introduction of even the perception of unfair or prejudiced evidence.

This one needs to go by the numbers.

Bruce M, TBO and Southswede like this.
  13. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So that he had to get lots of help, it has been suggested information was falsified in order for him to make it thru Academy, much less FTO.

I have heard rumors that he was darling of Politicians. The Police department was told to make sure he passed...

My hope is his lawyer makes statements that one up evidence that's now excluded.

14. Southswede

Southswede

Rumor?/! The mayor and police chief were both gone shortly after he murdered that poor woman........

15. larry_minn

As I don't have first hand, it has not been clearly shown... I feel to be accurate I have to state it as rumor. I was hoping that the truth would come out in trial.... This info appears to show that his lack of qualification, suitability, aptitude, failure to pass requirements... Will not be proven. (?Or disproved)

16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Whether or not he possessed all of the same necessary qualifications, competent skills and abilities & aptitudes to pass all of the requirements in the same acceptable manner as everyone else ...

... Would it make the crime(s) he's alleged to have committed any less odious?

This isn't trial of and by public opinion.

It's supposed to be a trial to decide whether he's guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty, of committing the crimes with which he's being charged.

Now, if his hiring, training and continued employment wasn't above board and conducted according to the same standards as all other police officers hired on their merits and qualifications, that's something to be discussed and argued in a possible civil action against the city and the PD, isn't it?

motorcycleman, TBO and larry_minn like this.
  17. larry_minn

True. And if he was excused from requirements others had to pass. I would think that is angle his lawyer should keep in reserve. Go the "not guilty" as long as trial goes his way, let the state know if they push too hard...
    Toward end if there is no doubt he will lose. Then change plea, but push blame for his actions on the City. Played right he has little to fear. (Compared to what he should)

Him changing plea, using city,department actions to pass him no matter what... Might be best outcome for the public. (Except millions paid out)
    I never cared for the lady? chief. But IF she was fired for not hiking out immediately after hearing of a shooting (limited info upfront, not proper for department to interfere till facts known, those involved questioned...)
    On that alone her being fired I thought was unfair. There also are cercomstances that a temporary failure of requirements could/should allow another chance. It's even possible to wave a requirement in limited cases. Politics is not a good reason.

18. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Bruce M, DonGlock26 and Southswede like this.
  19. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

DonGlock26 likes this.
  20. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Southswede and Bruce M like this.