close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mixing sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by jpeto, Jan 18, 2010.

1. jpeto

jpeto

Quick question for you guys. Has anybody mixed sights? I'm wondering if anyone has used or heard of using a XS big dot front with a with a different rear sight other than XS. Would it work since the XS big dot is so big?

2. MarioS

MarioS

I've never mixed sights but I have seen people mix and match sights. Not a great answer, but if it works for you, then work it. People can laugh all they want at shooters who do funky things with sights but if that shooter is grouping in the 10 ring at 20 yards, nobody can really say anything.

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

You can indeed mix sight brands and types. You just need to determine what's compatible.

But you will find the research somewhat frustrating, as most sites don't post the measures and values you're looking for, and they annoyingly mix SAE with metric sizes! Neat, huh? :upeyes:

We have had GT members report on mixing an XS Big Dot front with a different rear sight. If memory serves, it was the smaller dot with the Glock rear sight. Unless you already own the Big Dot front sight, I'd look at AmeriGlo Operator sights before pursuing that course.

But if that's what you want, a Big Dot front and notched rear set up, AmeriGlo can probably help you out!

http://www.ameriglo.net/weapon_site/contact.htm

Back in 2006, I thought of pairing a TFO Front with a plain, black, rear notched sight (inspired by the Sig-Sauer Equinox). I emailed TruGlo for their front sight's specs, and then AmeriGlo. Both companies answered promptly. Rick Callihan at AmeriGlo suggested which rear sight I might use with the front TFO.

I ultimately abandoned the above-mentioned project, as I could not purchase a single TFO front sight at a reasonable price. Besides, I found a set of Dawson Precision FO/Adj Sights I really liked, and they proved to be outstanding!

So, get ready to ask for some help getting the numbers you need to pair up a set, and go to it!

Let us know what you do!

Good luck! :wavey:

--Ray