close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mitt Romney may have blown the election

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BSA70, Sep 18, 2012.

1. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

:rofl: :pepper::cake::horsey::director:

2. JW1178

JW1178

Pretty much everyone Mitt PO'd are those who are already voting for Obama. I don't think he LOST any votes, but he might have given energy to a non-motivated Obama supporter which will GAIN votes for Obama.

It's really amazing to me how few people actually vote. We know the nation is about 50/50 between the candidates, but only 1/3 will actually go vote, so you only really need slightly over 1/6th of the people in this country to go vote for you.

3. 427

So, why isn't Obama running on his nearly four years of accomplishments like his signature Obamacare, among others?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

That is true.

5. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

get a clue folks, we never had a choice in the first place.

6. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

[​IMG]

Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded.

As far as "voting" goes: after the Bush/Gore debacle in 2000, the powers-that-be pushed hard for electronic voting. Numerous videos have surfaced since then showing how easily (and frequently) these machines can be manipulated, yet frequently NO PAPER TRAIL is ever created to allow suspicious results to be examined after the fact. Open source code? Nah, that's for Commies.

A few years ago, one county somewhere (someone please Google it) ended up with more votes cast than registered voters. Like 20% more! (Who needs to round up warm bodies to vote when you can just type a command and throw an election the modern way?)

...And that doesn't even mention the good old fashioned voter fraud that has gone on essentially forever, yet any common sense solution (like voter ID) sets off waves of howling about "disenfranchising the voters".

...Or the "directed" voting of people who are legally-eligible, but mentally deficient to vote (think group homes, nursing homes, etc. where the staff pencil-whips absentee ballots.) After her death, we discovered my wife's aunt "voted" for 4 years in her nursing home bed, even though she was addled by a stroke and unable to communicate at all.

Despite whatever BS is spewed, once in office BOTH will do exactly what the Big Money Boys tell them to do -- just like always.

This whole "election" thing has about as much significance, and legitimacy, as American Idol.

7. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Romney blow the election? Hell, with Romney telling off-script truth like that I'm finally enthusiastic about him.

8. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Yet you cared enough to type a long post even including a picture; takes less effort to just vote.

Let’s see what happens with someone new.

9. Restless28

Restless28

Romney said what most of us here believe and say often. Good on him for it.

But, some of the fellas in the thread are right about the "moderates". This will kill Romney there. He already had the anti-Obama vote, and now he's screwed the pooch.

Obama lampooned him on Letterman last night too.
    Mitt just gave the opposition an early Christmas gift.

ETA: I also see we have another DU agent on board, armed with DNC talking points and the weapons of copy and paste.

10. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

This is what the news media says.

They played “gotcha” cherry picking a couple of statements that can be used again him.

But Romney comes across way better on this tape than he does in public. It may backfire on the media/Obama team (same thing).

Romney needs to talk all the time like he did on this tape.

11. m51

m51

12. Bruce H

Bruce H

Telling the truth is a crime above comprehention in politics.

Don Imus was really ragging Romney yesterday morning. Somebody needs to smash dons fancy hat out of his ass from the top.

13. engineer151515

engineer151515

"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour." - Gene Kranz

14. johnd

johnd

"Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded."

^^^^^^^ that about sums it up. Strangely I know less about the cadidates motives here than I ever did when living at the wrong end of an Ak47. At least one understood the message there.

How can they be (allegedly) good people if they are in politics?
    Why on earth would anyone want to be a politician? could it be the graft money? is it the free sex with pages and secretaries? free food? free travel? free everything later?

If they cant get anything done and are totally reviled for everything they do, why would anyone want to do that?

Re the OP, isnt it funny how the ( alleged) press here howls when anyone tells the truth?

Maybe we need a new electoral process, maybe a bunch of monkeys throwing poop at names on a wall might pick better.

15. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

Fortunately in this case, the average American voter has a short memory. Let's review the great one's big slip ups in recent months that have already faded ...

You didn't build that

After this election I'll have more flexibility

This is not the end of Romney. This is just the latest diversion to deflect attention off the White House's latest failure ...Libya and the Middle East. Mitt just has to remain on message to deliver the win.

16. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

The tape jumps and is missing a section; the only question is whether it was intentional.

Every day the media says Romney is doomed over some new incident yet the polls are virtually tied.

17. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

If the "average American family" already has health insurance (and the 'rich' most certainly either do, or can afford to just pay any hospital bills), then why do we need Obamacare?

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

No more so than he might have attracted some conservative vboters who were previously going to skip the election or vote third party. I actually think that is more likely.

19. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I agree that if this hurts Romney in some way, it will be long forgotten when November rolls around. Its very similar to the Obama's , "Rural PA, and midwest people clinging to there guns and religion" comment. Most people offended by those comments were not going to vote for the candidate who said it anyway. There maybe a small minority of supporters that were offended, but it will be water under the bridge when they get in that voting booth.

The BIG thing will be those debates. This Romney gaffe makes me a little nervous that he might say something stupid in the debates.

However, I still think if Romney stays sharp and does not act like a D-bag he should be able to wipe the floor with Obama at the debates.

If Romney crushes Obama at the Debates - Romney wins the WH

If Romney gets crushed by Obama at the Debates - Obama gets elected for a 2nd term.

If its a draw and there is no clear winner or loser then its a close election and who know, but logic still tells me that Romney squeaks out a win. Unfortunately there is nothing logical about the presidential cycle.

20. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

You've been watching too much television! Other than this, the only place Romney said or did anything wrong IS ON TV. I shouldn't be, but I am a little surprised. The naivety and gullibility of the American people never ceases to amaze me. If the television says it, a hundred million people immediately assume that it's true.

Forget Voter ID cards! From now on every voter should be required to show up with his W-2 form! (Hint: No more Obama) ;)