close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mitt Romney may have blown the election

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BSA70, Sep 18, 2012.

1. hd67xlch

hd67xlch

Im fully aware of what capital gains taxes are, I pay them on stocks I sell. Im also a 50 year old white male with a 50 year old white wife, with no children living at home, and no mortgage, so basically we have no deductions worth noting, so I do pay the 25% tax.

later

2. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

:agree:

3. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

This is a war for power. The tape release is just another small battle. It was out there for some time and kept hidden until the time was right. I have to expect that it's one of many. The GOP is not used to Chicago politics. They better learn quickly.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

His 2011 tax return is on his web site. It shows $9,007,709 in taxable income and $1,935,708 in taxes, so that's more like 21.5%. Naturally, it sounds like a bigger deal if you use his AGI, which includes income that is tax exempt and leaves out his deductions.
    http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure/mitt/tax-return/2011/wmr-adr-return
    Aside from that, see DanaT's note, above - Romney's income was mostly capital gains. The people making a big deal about him paying 15% KNOW that capital gains and eligible dividends are taxed at 15%, at the highest, for everybody rich enough to pay more than the much lower percentages mom and pop pay on a few shares of walmart stock. Those people are trying to BS you into thinking he gets around paying taxes because he's rich. He got around paying more in taxes because he wasn't earning an income - 100% of his taxes were on interest, dividends and sales of stock he owned.

By the way, that 15% tax rate was based on a reduction from the Bush years that Obama signed an extension of in 2010. So, ironically, the man who gave him the 15% tax rate is now trying to use it against him. Mitt Romney followed the tax laws we made for him. Why would he pay more than the United States decided he has to pay? He wasn't even part of the government that made the laws. Did you throw anything extra in with what you owed on your income last year?

Here's a nother perspective:
    Mitt Romney v. Welfare recipient John Smith - who do you think uses more services from the government, paid for with tax dollars? Welfare/food stamp, police, military protection, public facilities, medicaid, etc.? In each category, John Smith is using more services than Mitt Romney, yet he paid nothing in taxes and may have even got an earned income bonus back, over and above any taxes he paid in during the year. Mitt Romney paid almost $2,000,000 to support those same programs, but I'll bet he doesn't have a food stamp or meeidcal card and I'll bet the police hardly ever have to answer a call at his house. Yet you think it's unfair that MItt Romney didn't pay even more than $1,935,708 for the exact same entitlement to services that John Smith gets paid to accept. How much did you pay for your share of the government services Romney paid nearly $2 million for? Are you sure about that claim that you always voted GOP?

The end result of your decision is - one vote for Obama will go unanswered by a potential vote for Romney. Thanks for supporting Obama.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  5. tog

tog

liberty loving anti statists thank you

6. tog

tog

whiny babies like you trying to drag others down instead of just doing what YOU need to are THE prime example of the free**** army that is killing this country

you might not be a part of it---but you voting for statist scumbags like obama allow it

7. aspartz

aspartz

One of the few things that Romney has said that I agree with, and the GOP is running away from it. Is there any wonder the fiscal conservatives are running from the GOP?

ARS

8. Chris Brines

Chris Brines

Blown it my a**. He made a perfectly rational statement. He never mentioned any minority groups that I heard...maybe I didn't hear his whole statement, but I didn't hear him say the word "Latinos/AA's" at all. What he said is the truth. He'll neither gain nor lose any support for that remark. I actually have a little more respect for him now. And some current polls show them tied at 50/50.

9. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Yes. Everyone please encourage Mitt Romney to continue campaigning on his 47% remarks. It will help offset the number of [D] voters lost due to the Voter ID laws.:cool:

10. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

^^^Added to ignore list.

I love that feature.

11. Averageman

Averageman

The modern equilivant of Jim Crow Laws aren't the Republicans demanding voter ID.
    The Jim Crow Equilivant is Democrats stuffing the ballot boxes with illeagle votes again and again.
    This nullifies every legitimate vote by U.S. Citizens and they justify it with the race card.
    Getting people off public assistance and in to a paying job with a living wage isn't going to be accomplished by President Obama. It hasn't worked in three years and four more wont fix it.
    You can't control people who are economically not dependant on a hand-out to feed their kids.

12. Dawolf

Dawolf

The truth is the truth. FDR did what B.O. is doing, with well over 10% unemployment, but was giving out handouts like candy on Halloween.

13. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

You can try to rationalize that the best way you know how. It's obvious, the R's are very disingenious with their concerns of voter fraud and prevention.

This particular thread is about whether or not Mitt Romney's 47% remark (and other 'off the cuff' revealations) have cost him the election.

Calculating the net loss of D's turned away by Voter ID, plus the net gain of I's turned away by Mitt's insensitivity divided by the sum of R's who never really turned toward this Massechuettes Moderate = BHO gets another turn.

14. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

You may be in the 25% tax bracket, but it's progressive. Take your fed tax and divide it by you gross income. Now where ya at?

15. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

All he did was speak truth, and people are afraid of the truth.

16. kswiss2783

kswiss2783

I don't want either of those clowns to win.

17. Chris Brines

Chris Brines

Not wanting to vote for Romney is understandable. Not wanting to vote for Romney, but WANTING to vote for Obama, is beyond baffling, it's just downright STUPID.

18. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Please, please please don't vote foe Barack Abominable.

19. Providence

Providence

I'm actually growing more fond of Romney/Ryan. They don't want the level of freedom I want, but this week helped me like them better. I really liked both "mis-statements."

I think this election will come down to who votes. That's why we are being told that Romney/Ryan have no chance. Whoever gets out the vote wins.

20. Averageman

Averageman

I would say that the MSM is working hard to get four more years for Obama.
    Republicans are going to vote Republican regardless. The Moderate vote is what is important in this election.
    If telling the truth about the 47% makes any difference, it shows Romney and Ryan are serious about getting our fiscal house in order. I think many undecided people see that much more responcable than a President who has no budget and no foreign policy.