Mistrial Possible in Oak Park MI Police Officer Killing

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by HoldHard, Nov 2, 2010.

1. HoldHard

HoldHard

Link

The trial is not going too well for your client. There is an eyewitness to what he did... shoot a police officer. That eyewitness heard a gunshot, stepped outside her apartment and saw your client holding a gun while standing over the police officer on December 28, 2008... What to do.... What to do???? Hhhmmmmmmmm.....

If you are Geoffery Fieger you just utter the one word that will get you a mistrial.... "polygraph".... poof.... usher in the next jury please....

Sure the judge will be pissed at you. But all you have to do, being the well prepared lawyer that you are, is bring along the case law that states its "a reversable error".... It's a no-lose situation. If you don't get the mistrial, you have embedded in the jury's collective mind that a mistrustful polygraph was administered. Eyewitness is suddenly not to be trusted... everyone knows those "lie-detector" things can be easily fooled. If you do get the mistrial, you have another shot at jury selection and a whole new set of fresh faces.

Why is this POS cop-killer still sucking in air? Worse yet, my taxes are going to be supporting the cost of another trial and then his sorry *** in prison for the rest of his friggin' life.....

Sorry, had to vent... sometimes the judicial system just seems so perverted....

HH

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. ZombieKing

ZombieKing

When a lawyer does something like that it should be a felony punishable by a mandatory sentence of life in prison with the person they are representing.

I really hate lawyers who pull crap like this.

3. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

:burn: That lawyer knew what he was doing.

4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Out of state folks are forgiven for not knowing who Fieger is...

I'm guessing a mistrial doesn't count as a "loss" in the batting statistics...

And the clock (with the corresponding meter) keeps ticking.

You remember the lawyer that was representing Jack Kervorkian? Dr. Death?

That's the same guy.

Randy

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I did not remember who it was. I still don't like it. But, I guess if I was on trial, (not that I ever plan to be), I would want the best defense possible for the money.

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Even cop killers deserve a fair trial with the best defense possible before being dragged in front of a corn harvesting machine... Bottom line is the kid's going down either way, it's just a matter of time. Doesn't matter who's defending him. There's no question who did it, who was there, the defense theory is that the officer accidentally shot himself during the struggle with his client, not even trying to deny the kid was there.

Even the worlds best lawyer needs a little something more substantial than that to gain some traction. He's probably hoping for a mistrial and the kid's funds to run out so he doesn't end up being the one that ultimately lost the case. It'll be Sam Bernstein that ends up the attorney of record that lost.. :rofl: (another local "famous" lawyer, at least from his commercials).

Kid was making calls to his friends on the cops cell phone, so although the cops gun has not been recovered, the kid might as well have been caught red handed.

Randy

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  7. ZombieKing

ZombieKing

I didn't remember the name but as soon as I saw the face I knew who he was. He's been on TV enough in the past for me to know for a fact that he's a scumbag.

8. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

It is important to remember who is sworn in and who isn't.

I have been hassled for asking that the attorneys on both sides be sworn in before I would answer any questions.

Officer of the court my fuzzy pink butt.

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Some attorneys really take that zealous representation part too... ummm... zealously.

In CA, the State Bar removed the word "zealous" in our duty of representation for that very reason. We are to be the best advocates but we are not to be zealous advocates for the clients.

10. merlynusn

merlynusn

If they started throwing them into jail for doing stuff like this (contempt anyone?) then it would stop. Since all he gets is what he wants (a mistrial), he'll keep doing it since nothing happened to him.