close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Missoula GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by HeGlock, May 16, 2006.

1. HeGlock

HeGlock flyshooter

Anyone going to the Missoula GSSF match? In addition to shooting the match we're going to visit Glacier National Park, Lake Pend Oreille via Libby MT and Hope ID, back down to Coeur d'Alene. This may be the most memorable match location yet!

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i'm wanting to but not sure if this job will be over or if my wife can get the time off to make the trip. if this job ends a little earlier than projected it may heppen for me. like you my plan would be to make a near 3 week trip out of it and see some of the sights along the way. i'd also need to find someone to take care of 5 dogs and 10 or so birds while i was gone.

3. HeGlock

HeGlock flyshooter

That's what friends are for!

4. casullman454

casullman454

I am looking to go should be fun

5. Dennis T

Dennis T

Hello !!!
    I live here in Missoula, and get out to Deer Creek shooting range on occasion to plink with my Glock 33. I noticed that they were hosting the Glock event that you are talking about. In trying to do some research within the GSSF website my slow computer wasn't navigating very well, and I couldn't get any of the info that I needed. It sounds like you are an accompliced shooter, and have been to a few of these events. So if I might burden you with a few questions ......

Have only had my Glock 33 for a year, and it is my first Glock. I only have about 300 rounds thru it, and I most recently put the Crimson Trace Laser sight on it. The poor eye sight problem I have is no longer an issue with the Laser sights installed.

1) Is this an event that a novice will have a good time at (first organized shooting event) and not feel intimidated by wethered shooters?
    2) Can I use the Laser sight, and if so, will that put me in a different and more professional class of shooters?
    3) Do you compete on both days ....... or is the secound day reserved for the finalists in all catagories?
    4) How many rounds can one expect to shoot in the competition?

Thanks alot ....... Dennis in MT

6. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Dennis,

Some answers to your questions:

1. GSSF is a great event for new shooters. Go to www.gssfonline.com and look up the glock report for the rules. All of the stages are listed and you will be more comfortable after you read up on the events. Go early to the match on Saturday and watch people shoot after you register. Just watching a couple of shooters will give you a heads up as to what will happen and how you will progress through the stages.

2. I don't believe you can use a laser site. For the regular Amateur class your glock must be stock from the factory with night sights allowed and pearce extensions allowed.

3. You only complete on one day.

4. Bring 3 boxes of ammunition for each event to be safe but you will not need that many. You can shoot your 33 in Amateur and Subcompact classes.

DannyR the moderator of this forum is a great guy and you could probably direct a thread to him for more in depth questions.

Anyone reading this if I gave him any mis-information please correct it.

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

the 33 would be legal in all GSSF classes except master/major sub. the laser sight isn't leagal. it's best to have four 10 ( or 9 in the mag and one in the chamber) round mags. GSSF is designed for the new shooter, it isn't hard to understand and doesn't require speed reloads or even a holster.

8. Dennis T

Dennis T

Thanks guys for all the info !!!!!

I will certainly follow up and print the rules from the GSSF website.
    Will look forward to watching accompliced Glock shooters, and actually trying my hand at shooting at something other than a 20 YD bulls eye target.
    Have already done some research on how the shooters with near-far focus problems (aged eyes that is) compensate for their weakness. (ie. tape on the non dominate glasses lens)

Thanks again !!!!
    Dennis in MT