close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Missing threads and members?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by tracecom, Mar 10, 2004.

1. tracecom

tracecom

I recently tried to find an older thread in which I had posted and it was gone. I had subscribed to the thread, so I had an old e-mail with a link to the thread, but that didn't work either (error message.) Then, I tried a search for the user that started the thread; he was gone too.

How could that happen?

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

It was probably a thread that had gone bad and was moved to the Back Office where only Moderators and Administrators are allowed. Or the thread was so bad it was deleted. As for the member, I guess the same thing happened to them. See, behave yourself!;) ;f ;f ;f

Eddie C.

3. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

My guess is the thread was old and was purged from the database when new software changes were made.

As for the user name, even those that are banned are still listed when searched for. Are you sure you are typing their name in correctly?

David

4. tracecom

tracecom

You tell me. Following is the text of the e-mail I received.

Hello tracecom,

ddbtoth has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Strange Breakage! - in the General Glocking forum of Glock Talk.

This thread is located at:

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=226172&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Yours,

Glock Talk team

5. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

If you search for ddbtoth as a user name, you will see that he does exist still and has many threads he has posted in. If you are not seeing a match, you are typing his name in wrong.
    http://glocktalk.com/search.php?s=&...=1476335&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

As for the thread, like Eddie said, it was removed from GNG due to members that broke the rules of agreement when signing up for membership on GT.

David