Missing the Kids

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by J_Rico, Sep 23, 2020.

1. J_Rico

J_Rico

The kids are all gone. Grown Up (more or less) and moved out. They are still on my cell phone and Netflix plans (thus the more or less). My main CC was compromised at a Taco Bueno. I knew nothing about it until my card stopped working and a new one arrived. Minor hassle but no big deal.

But, I did not get the numbers changed everywhere the card was in use. Netflix did not get paid and they turned it off. I heard from all three of my kids in the same day. Same hour!!

That is fixed now, but if I start to miss them too much...

2. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

My dad got real mad when I threw a big party when they went down the shore while I stayed home senior year....

.....little did I know, one of my "friends" had been passing out flyers......long story short, when it got to about 50-60 people one of my more dependable friends told me we better shut her down pronto and call the cops on ourselves,,else the house was in danger of real damage....so that's what we did.....escaped with only a busted deck table......

.......his first question after a neighbor told him about it was....."how come the cops were here, and set up a roadblock down the street..." I dont remember getting in any real trouble, and I think he was secretly proud.

3. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    A guy I know went out of town and let a high school kid look after his dog. The kid threw a party. The guy returned home and he was none the wiser until the police showed up. It turns out the kid took the trash bags from the party and left them around the corner and up the road in front of a neighbors house. The pissed off neighbor called the cops and the contents lead them back to party central.
    There ain’t no trash pick up on Sunday, dumas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B C likes this.
  4. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

Ha, ha, ha!

5. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Cherish your kids. My oldest daughter got killed when she was in a crosswalk by a distracted drug addicted driver, and confidential informant, with family/relative connections to the local pd. He went unpunished by the local pd till 8 months later when after a couple of more incidents, one of which was another vehicular assault. My family got an area/local high profile atty involved. After my daughters death and his latest vehicular assault, he got sent to prison for a little over 3 years after this incident. It would have went unnoticed till our family brought so much attention to it. Her sister is raising her son, that's what she wanted. Give your kids a hug and cherish them. I really miss my oldest daughter. Happened 12/17/2016 in Hamilton Ohio.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  6. mdlott

mdlott

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.

Bomber Nav and Old Army Guy like this.
  7. J_Rico

J_Rico

That is terrible. So sorry for your loss. Just no words. Can't imagine losing one of my kids.

Bomber Nav likes this.
  8. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

2 out of three live within 20 miles, including all five grandkids.

The third one is planning on moving back into the area within the next year.

to us, family is a pretty big deal.

Bomber Nav, wprebeck and J_Rico like this.
  9. J_Rico

J_Rico

Good for you. That sounds nice. None of mine are settled. All still figuring it out.

10. lockANDload

lockANDload

My oldest left for college a month ago, great responsible girl with her head on her shoulders. Following her mothers footsteps to become a nurse. I still have 2 more daughters under the roof but dam......did't know how much I'd miss her till you don't see them everyday. Thankfully her school is only 1.5 hrs away....I've seen her a few times already since we moved her in.

11. Wojo88

Wojo88

Both my boys are out of the house now, one went to college graduated then enlisted into USAF, other son did not want college and also enlisted into USAF. Both are now out, married and now live within miles of us. We talk almost everyday, get together every weekend for dinner and hanging out like college buddies. Pretty awesome, now we 3 granddaughters and it seems they are repeating the cycle that we went through. A family that cultures each other sticks together for a lifetime and passes it on to their children. Societal breakdowns start within the family structure...This is one of the first questions a therapists ask up front, "tell me about your father".............

light-switch likes this.
  12. as400guy1

as400guy1

My son grew up, moved out, got married. He lives only a couple miles away but still don't see him as much as I'd like.

13. Tvov

Tvov

LOL, exactly J_Rico! Both our kids have moved out, but are in the area. Whenever there is a hickup with "our" streaming services we hear from the kids shortly....

We see our son usually on Sunday evenings for dinner, daughter is usually over on Tuesday for dinner and to do her laundry.

After decades of always bouncing around from one kid related event to another, it is a little weird sometimes when wife and I just sit in our "family room" in the evening with nothing to do, or an "open" weekend.

Enjoy life!

J_Rico likes this.
  14. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

Me too.......I dropped them off at the pool this morning. And I'm already missing them.

15. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

My two oldest are moved out and doing their own thing.
    My oldest daughter is married and I have 4 grandkids.
    My youngest just got her DL and is growing up faster than I desire.
    I try to cherish every minute I have left with her.

Bomber Nav, light-switch and J_Rico like this.
  16. fjrdc

fjrdc

My Kids are all out 2 sons and a daughter , they are all ~ 20 miles away talk to them daily ,
    working their butts off. living the dream ,(all gun nuts)I might add:2gun:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  17. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

It just takes time, maybe more now than ever. 99.9% of the time it all works out just fine.

Patience, Dad, patience.:highfive:

18. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

I'm very sorry for your loss, that's unbelievably sad and horrible.

I can't imagine...

1eyedjack01 and Bomber Nav like this.
  19. Current Resident

Current Resident

I cannot imagine, so sorry to hear of this. Prayers to you and may God look over your family.