close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minnesota Deer Opener!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Glockerel, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Another great year here in Minnesota.
    I hunt near Vining in the northwest part of the state and we did really well.
    Opening morning my buddy got an 8 point buck, 175lbs.
    Played Texas hold 'em all afternoon(won 180 bucks!) and went out for the evening hunt.
    I was there for about ten minutes in an alalfa field when two bucks and a doe walked out. One of the bucks was all white!! I just couldn't shoot him, so I shot the other two. A nice 6 point about 150lbs and a 135lb doe.
    I was gutting them when I heard a whole lot of shooting from my buddy in the north end of the field, so I went down to help him. He shot an 8 pointer weighing 205lbs and a huge doe. The doe was really in heat. As she lay there, another big buck came out of the woods and was sniffing her behind. The buck then mounted the dead doe and went to town. Jeff then shot him whilst doing the deed.
    The next evening I shot another small buck.

With the available tags we could have shot 15 deer, but after cutting up 7, we were too tired to take any more.

Hope you all did as well as we did.

2. buckfever34

buckfever34

You all took nice deer, you saw an albino buck, you won 180 bucks, you saw a nice buck breed a dead doe...you might as well quit hunting after all that b/c anything from here on out would be a let down!!

Buckfever34