Minneapolis Riots

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BL33D 4 M3, May 27, 2020.

1. CAcop

CAcop

Born and raised in Stockton. Lodi looks good by comparison.

PicardMD likes this.
  2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

OK. Normally, multiple threads on something are a no-go. At the moment, this is an exception. That said, I'm going to alter the trajectory of the thread.

If you want general commentary, go to the Okie Coral. There's a note there reminding you to play nice, but it's a wide-ranging discussion.

This is Cop Talk. Contrary to some opinion, it is open to all. That doesn't mean that all opinions are created equal, or that they're equally tolerated. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ON THE LAW ENFORCEMENT ANGLE ON THINGS, BRING IT HERE. What are best practices? What is going on with the firing? Grand Jury or information? Basically, this is an internet locker room at the station. Don't be a hippie.

BL33D 4 M3 likes this.

3. B C

B C

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Cite?

5. CAcop

CAcop

I was with you until you said don't be a hippie.

I worked in Santa Cruz for 22 years.

We do things a little different.

Our best officer and later sergeant drove a hearse with a coffin in the back since he was 18. And no one really thought it was that odd.

Newcop761 and Ordell Robbie like this.
  6. fastbolt

fastbolt

We lived in Modesto for a year when I was in junior high. Drove through Lodi now and again after we moved to Sacto. No desire to ever go back to Modesto or Lodi. (Okay, after having to go back to Sacto several years ago for work, for some classes, a conference and some committee meetings, I've no desire to go back there again, either. ;) )

PicardMD and CAcop like this.
  7. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

So the movie (Lost Boys) is right?

8. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

There wasn't meant to be a correlation other than providing a point. While I agree that looting stores and burning down you own neighborhood is a bad idea it still lends itself to the idea that once you've had enough of the heavy hand of government you start fighting back. The fact that they haven't figured out how to target the right people with this angst not withstanding.

9. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

History most certainly does not agree with your assertion. We wouldn't exist as a nation otherwise.

10. ScottMn

ScottMn

I saw the video. Looks horrible. Minneapolis Police do not have a good reputation. I know a few business owners in the city and they want very little to do with them.

I'm hesitant to condemn the officers outright but it sure does't look good at all. And yes, this is the same department that shot Justine Damond. Officer Noor was convicted of third degree murder.

I'm going downtown today to loot an burn down my local barber shop and the Ace Hardware in protest. Not before taking a few scissors and a lawnmower and grill though. That ought to teach the Minneapolis P.D. a lesson.

They loot and riot because they know for a fact that no one will try to stop them OR come after them after it's over. Heck, it's even legal and encouraged to wear a mask to cover you're identity.

11. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

If two videos of an identifiable group of civilans stepping on the neck of a cop were made public how long until those folks would be in cuffs and booked?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    quantico likes this.
  12. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

delete. After coffee cleanups.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

What do you call it when you condemn an entire group of people due to the criminal acts of a few?

Deltic, Newcop761 and wprebeck like this.
  14. merlynusn

merlynusn

It is not the same and you know it. Police have been empowered by society to enforce laws. Part of that enforcement includes taking people into custody (restricting their freedom of movement). A group have people have NO legal right to take a cop into custody or assault them under any circumstance.

I also think you can tell by the cops on this board NONE OF THEM have condoned what happened and instead have stated that the cop is acting against all training for the past 2 decades.

Dukeboy01 and jstrange like this.
  15. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Ive got $5 on excited delirium, followed by a massive heart attack.

“I can’t breathe” means you can actually breathe. So the suspect wasn’t being suffocated.

He was being picked up for forgery, which is a common criminal enterprise for users of speed.

Tweaking on something, along with a prolonged resistive struggle, frequently ends this way.

That’s my prediction on the ultimate outcome, which won’t happen for 3-6 months.

Now, having said that.....

Why the officers didn’t just hobble him and let him vent in the back of a patrol car is beyond me. I can’t imagine a scenario where kneeling on someone’s neck for EIGHT MINUTES is required or justified for restraint purposes, unless you are way out in the countryside, flying solo, and waiting for backup to get the guy off the ground and in the car.

I also can’t imagine kneeling on a combative figure for that long and not noticing that they went limp and unconscious under my hold. One would think that if you hold someone in a possible positional asphyxiation position, that you would be trained to look for signs of positional asphyxiation.

The officer doing the holding is in trouble. The other 3 officers, not so much. Being totally unfamiliar with MN civil service protections for officers, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get their jobs back, at least long enough to resign on their own so “fired for cause” isn’t in their record.

But remember, these are theories, suppositions, and predictions....I’ll wait to see how the real story plays out.

In the meantime, best of luck to all you!

Corona unlocking, the Arbury situation, this situation, the economy, and a Presidential election year...all the fuel necessary for it to be a long, hot summer.

Spec62, Sharkey and merlynusn like this.
  16. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

My concern is the dimwit mayor is inflaming things, instead of trying to calm tension and show leadership that things on the justice side will be addressed.

The other issue is that this protest stuff is starting to spread along with civil disobedience which will put lives at risk.....

Dukeboy01 and merlynusn like this.
  17. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3

Strong probability. Haven't seen post mortem yet.

18. pstmstr

pstmstr

The biggest killer of blacks is other blacks but it doesn’t fit the PC social agenda. I haven’t seen the deceased man’s police record yet. I doubt if he is a saint and I doubt many of those rioting can even tell you his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19. pstmstr

pstmstr

To consider this behavior as the same of our founders is the stupidest thing I’ve seen on GT in a while. Do you believe they have a good reason for looting Target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. papajohn

papajohn

Sam

I wonder if these reports have anything to do with his narrative??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ar-to-show-george-floyd-resisting-arrest/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/new-video-shows-george-floyd-22098236.amp

A new video shows George Floyd not resisting arrest as police officers dragged him from his car before he was killed.

It comes after the Minneapolis Police Department released a statement claiming the 46-year-old "physically resisted officers" after being ordered to exit his car, before "suffering medical distress".

However, the clip appears to show Mr Floyd complying and not resisting as two officers pull him from his car and cuff him

I’m sure you and I both reasonably believe that the PIOs would reiterate what is written for release from officer reports. If these latest claims are true there may be some explanations due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk