Minneapolis Riots

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BL33D 4 M3, May 27, 2020.

1. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge

I feel for anyone that puts in the work. I feel for the others in the department. But I can’t feel anything for either of those morons. Granted, everybody has pushed things at times. But trading punches and insults is different than dispensing pain. When I saw him not even check on the guy, who at that point was not actively resisting? The guy was definitely in custody. It was literally over. Most of these kind of videos are a minute at best. This one for me was just cringe worthy. And sometimes I think I’m dead inside. And absolutely nothing against you. I get your points. I know how the legal game is played. I’m sure this ones gonna be around for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. B C

B C

upload_2020-5-29_1-19-29.png

JMag and Bus007 like this.

3. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Very informative post, thanks for taking the time, Doc.

4. merlynusn

merlynusn

So they have a conscious neck restraint and an unconscious neck restraint meant to render them unconscious. Dragoon is right in that it says active resistance and not acceptable for passive resistance.

If he was actively resisting up until the video started then I can see it. I can also see the officer being distracted by the crowd then and not adequately checking on him. What was Floyd saying right before the video started? Was he saying he was going to beat them up or was he saying he needed help?

I can still see the officer catching an involuntary manslaughter charge. I really don’t see the others catching anything.

Dukeboy01 likes this.
  5. ray9898

ray9898

I think this was a huge factor. They were worried about a mob instead of the arrestee.

6. jfusaro

jfusaro

A
    Are you nutzs, he stayed on his neck out of arrogance, he was not going to let the crowd dictate to him what to do. 4 armed police officers against citizens armed with cell phone camera. Even if that was the case what part of I can't breathe did he not understand. I have the utmost respect for the police force, tough job, lots of risks coupled with a lot of bad apples spoiling the bunch.

7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

He is not being "arrogant by staring at the crowd.

His attention is focused on what he perceives to be the greatest threat, a hostile crowd.

That fact is going to be used against him by the dept.and prosecutors. Because it is clear that he did not, at the time, consider Floyd to be the most immediate threat. So no justification for his action under dept. Policy.

8. jfusaro

jfusaro

If my
    If his biggest threat was the hostile crowd armed with cell phones, I would have prefered to be on my feet and have the ability to be moving at a moments notice if things went pear shaped, staying kneeling is not the preferred position to be in when an imminent threat is possible.

9. Dragoon44

First when you are facing a hostile crowd you have no idea what everyone is armed with, that is why you tend to focus on the crowd, watching for an attack.

Second, every cop knows that on every call and every incident there is a, "Man with a gun". HIM, and if he is overpowered that gun is going to be taken and he more than likely to be killed with it.

Last, the reason he is not on is feet, and ready to run, is he has a job to do. Granted, he messed up doing it, very badly messed up.
    But cops are not employed to run away from danger, they get paid to run towards it.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  10. knoxvegasdaddy

bet he doesn’t.

also, I bet he has an intact hyoid bone.

Sharkey likes this.
  11. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge

I’m sure it will eventually come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. knoxvegasdaddy

This.

He didn’t mean to kill Floyd, wasn’t trying to kill Floyd, but that’s what happened.

The other officers are guilty of inaction, which might be terminal, but isn’t criminal. If it were, Scott Peterson would be in jail.

Dragoon44 likes this.
  13. knoxvegasdaddy

Agreed. The autopsy results will be published ASAP. Tox screen will probably be slower. This will go like Mike Brown...we will get to hear every single little detail of Floyd’s death, for better or worse.

Butch_Coolidge likes this.
  14. Detectorist

Detectorist

You know this as a fact?

Sharkey likes this.
  15. merlynusn

merlynusn

16. jfusaro

jfusaro

No, just my perspective. Bottom line he was wrong.

17. jfusaro

jfusaro

M
    More the reason to be on his feet, I never implied running away from the situation simply the ability to move.

Gfive45 likes this.
  18. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

I googled it to see what charges there were and it was the same, repeated dumpster fire.

An arrest. With no charges. It’s not on-view so there’s an affidavit filed SOMEWHERE. I’m curious to know what charges were filed.

19. Dragoon44

Understood, but here is the problem, if you are supposed to be controlling a prone arrestee you can't do that while standing on your feet, moving or ready to move.

The issue here is not his controlling a prone arrestee, it is how he did it. ( Knee on neck/ carotid artery)

20. Dragoon44

If they had been honest they would have said,

"we don't know yet, but we will think of something"

Just saw, they went with third degree murder(manslaughter).

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    steveksux and Butch_Coolidge like this.