Minneapolis Riots

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BL33D 4 M3, May 27, 2020.

1. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3

If you want general commentary, go to the Okie Coral. There's a note there reminding you to play nice, but it's a wide-ranging discussion.

This is Cop Talk. Contrary to some opinion, it is open to all. That doesn't mean that all opinions are created equal, or that they're equally tolerated. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ON THE LAW ENFORCEMENT ANGLE ON THINGS, BRING IT HERE. What are best practices? What is going on with the firing? Grand Jury or information? Basically, this is an internet locker room at the station. Don't be a hippie.

I don't know if this topic is off limits. 2 threads have been "moderated". I guess we'll see. TBO you ok?
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...PZHTWkZg2thTJ5qESCKU45cPBY8v1XQATR4lCir1KK4Ew

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020
    surevaliance likes this.
  2. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Not riots, "Protesters", according to the media...

I'm fine, actually not in the area this week, helping out some in need who have no other blade of grass to grasp at other than me.

Yeah my phones been ringing, yeah it's a sheepshow with the usuals trying to provoke ANY reaction that can be used for fodder, yeah with a complicit media hovering nearby to craft footage.

SSDD

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

3. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Have they started??

4. surevaliance

surevaliance

Riots, after another not so law-abiding American was executed by Judge Dredd wannabe?
    Understandable.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Macc283 likes this.
  5. CAcop

CAcop

Glad I am out.

My department has had a hiring freeze put in place because of the economy and the city is going to cut their pay a minimum of 10% Meanwhile i saw Lodi in the central valley is paying what we make and you can get a house for 1/4 the price. Granted you are in oven got weather from May to October but that is great pay for the area.

sixgun2 likes this.
  6. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I feel bad for those having to deal with the folks just itching fir a “reason” to break stuff. Almost every time it’s a made up “offense”. But Imo, from what video I saw... there actually is a reason to be upset at how it happened.

7. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

8. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

Watching the expression on the face of the cop who has his knee on the guy's neck, I have to wonder how many times in the past he has done the same thing. It's a tough video to watch, and pretty damning.

9. HALO51

HALO51

The Michigan Nursing Home video of the African "Hyphenated" American beating up elderly white patients is very damning!!!! Where's the outrage? Hate Crime investigations, Marches, breaking glass & throwing rocks vandalism for these incidents ???

What about the elderly couple gunned down last week while visiting their son's gravesite in Ct? Where's the outrage? Silence!!!

10. Dynactus

Dynactus

Be careful TBO. I'm sure you have plenty of dry powder. Stay safe.

lawandorder and rock_castle like this.
  11. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

I’d say this is a little different. Be like me poisoning people versus a doctor in a hospital poisoning patients through say their IV. I think the doctor will make the headlines as he should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohsheepdog, badge315, R_P_K_ and 3 others like this.
  12. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I would advise not posting the video to avoid moderation. I don't know if it was that or some comments I didn't see that got my thread moderated. I hope everyone in the area of riots makes it out okay. This was the action of a few men, I hope that there is not a reaction of many men to come out to cause mayhem but I think that is what we will see.

13. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Many such cases. The statistics tell the story. The media does not care about racism, they don't care about racial violence or even violence generally. They care about a certain narrative and they are fine with crime and racial crime so long as people like you are the victim. They do not care about your wellbeing or your people's wellbeing. As a matter of fact, they have contempt and want you subjugated. It's everybody teamed up against you, that's the way they want it.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  14. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3

I have tried to restrain comment on the video until all the facts are known. That said I have been unable to defend or justify what I saw with any possible scenario I could imagine. Still, its always best to avoid conjecture and follow facts and evidence. As this unfolds we'll learn things and there will be inevitable outcomes.

15. manfred the wonder d

manfred the wonder d

16. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Sure seems like a common theme with these cases, doesn't it? Nah, let's just ignore that. We don't want to advise people on how to avoid these situations, we want them to occur for our political agenda. Besides, that common sense advice would be racist.

AGF0526, badge315, Bus007 and 4 others like this.
  17. merlynusn

merlynusn

Hopefully all the officers stay safe during this “protest”.

I do love the riot though when they have already fired the cops. Why are they rioting? (Rhetorical question) Action is being taken and they are investigating to see if charges will be brought or not.

18. Dave514

Dave514

I'm usually the first in with how these problems all start with non compliance.

But the video makes it pretty clear that this is not how any start should end.

The penalty for not following directions isn't suffocation.

MB-G26, bandsaw, ZX14R and 5 others like this.
  19. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

No one is saying that. The point still stands that non-compliance will get you negative consequences and sometimes those consequences are disproportional. Of course two wrongs don't make a right.

20. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

The question then becomes - with these cops specifically (as opposed to cops in general) - would he still be alive if he HAD complied? The answer should be YES but honestly you have to ask.

I try to defend law enforcement when I can, but this is bad. Really bad.