close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mini Glock's and Bullet selection

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SeanK, Jul 5, 2004.

1. SeanK

SeanK

Is their certain loads to avoid in the Glock 26 mini, because of the short barrel?

2. father time

father time

I use Triton's "Hi-vel" 115JHP+P because I like the extra velocity,but I may switch to a 124+P in the winter for better penetration thru heavy clothing.Now that Triton's belly-up,I think I'll be replening with Federals 9BPLE or Ranger-T 127+P+
    load...haven't decided yet.I run Win Silvertip 115's in my nightstand gun for less penetration thru walls/people/whatever
    (M19 w/pre-bans)Like anything else,range and shot placement most critical factors,I think...

3. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

I carry Winchester Ranger T 147gr (RA9T) in all my 9mm's. There is very little recoil, almost no muzzle blast and that allows fast followup shots. The RA9T has a good street record too.

4. N723RW

N723RW It's a Dry Heat

^c ^c ^c

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Whatever you shoot, it's going to be noticeably slower out of the G26 than other, longer-barreled, handguns. I recently ran my G26 through a local combat-type match, which used large steel pepper-popper targets. Although they were calibrated that morning with 9mm ball and low-center hits, by later in the day they seemed to be "settling", and requiring multiple hits from the Nines to get them to drop. Knowing I had less energy to work with than the other folks due to the G26's short barrel, I fetched some +P defensive ammo from the truck for that stage; and STILL had to shoot them high to get them to go down.

Some folks like slow/heavy bullets, some fast/light, some hug the middle of the road. Personally, I'm happy with any 115 or 124/125/127 grain +P JHP, as long as I have run at least 100 rounds through the weapon for function testing. I used to do 200 rounds, but my 9mm Glocks are generally so reliable that I feel perfectly comfortable with 100 round testing.

As aid above, placement is more important than having the latest "magic bullet", so if you spend a bit of time and money on the practice range, then confidence goes up no matter WHAT the weapon is loaded with for carry.

6. SeanK

SeanK

^6

7. SeanK

SeanK

Well I’ve decided on the Glock 26, I’m getting one for 445 shipped, plus 25 transfer. I'm also getting a $60 holster and 3 mags with finger rest extensions from Peirce and Shear. I'm looking to sell the holster and 1 of the mags and the finger rest extensions, it will probably put me just below 400 for a like new glock 26 just 3 months old. :) :) :)

The loads I’m looking at:

Right now I’m only going to carry Speer Gold Dot's.
    The weight I’m not sure about, but after reading some studies it looks like I’m going with 147gr.

8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Ditto here. I also like 147gr Golddots. Works on the street also.

You can't go wrong with a G-26. You may want to consider night sights,too.

Don

9. Dandapani

Dandapani

From my testing, short barrels really like any of the 147grn premium JHP (even the WWB JHP).

10. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

The 147gr bullets are longer, so they have more surface touching the short barrel. I believe that's why they are more accurate.