Mingus was my first GSSF match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by drbill, Apr 9, 2007.

1. drbill

drbill

Well everyone,

I attended my first GSSF match ... and it was in Mingus. I had a blast, in spite of the lack of RO's and better organization. Thank God Dan from Florida stepped in and got things organized.

Dan and Don, you guys ROCK. You made my first match so much fun, showed me the ropes, and gave me so much encouragement.

Panhandle Bill, it was great to finally meet. I just wish we could have spent more time together.

Also, it was a pleasure to get to meet the Chairman, Bobby Carver. I only hope one day I can shoot half as good as you.

So, I am hopelessly addicted. I can hardly wait for my next match.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GSSF to anyone who loves their Glocks and loves to shoot.

Dr. Bill

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

DrBill;

It was a pleasure meeting you in person and getting to spend quality time with you at Mingus. I am glad that we were able to assist you in a small way to enjoy your 1st GSSF Match. You did very well and should progress with no problems and hopefully have an enjoyable experience. Looking forward to seeing you soon at a nearby range.:thumbsup:

Thanks for being a good social director and recommending some fine eating both Fri/Sat evenings in Stephensville. That was some truely First Class Food.:thumbsup:

3. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

Glad you had a good time, and welcome!
    Next thing you know, you will be planning your vacations around the match schedule, and find yourself driving 12 hours to the nearest match on weekends. True, it is addicting, but there are worst habbits to have.

:wavey:

4. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

It was my pleasure Dr Bill. I am sure that we will meet up at future matches and have more time for visiting.
    I am glad that you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you in Lubbock.

Bill

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

dr.bill
    The pleasure was all ours! The fellowship we had was wonderful! Thanks again for being the "Social Director" for the weekend, the food was great! You are welcome to join us anytime your able to attend a GSSF match.:thumbsup:

Dan:cool:

6. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Dr. Bill,
    It was a pleasure meeting you at Mingus. Hopefully, I will see you again at the next GSSF match in Lubbock.

If I can provide any assistance with your shooting, just let me know.

Regards,
    Bobby Carver

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper New job, same me.

Hey Doc, how is that G30 you picked up working out for you?

8. drbill

drbill

Hey BammaTrooper,

Well, it is a very sweet gun! I have put about 200 rounds through it so far. I ordered a set of Heinie sights for it (no white dots ... did you hear that, Dan??!!!). Plus, I bought 4 more magazines for it. So far, I am very impressed with how accurate the G30 is. I will most likely rotate it with my G23 for my everyday carry. So, I am very pleased with the gun.

Dr. Bill

9. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

:supergrin: :thumbsup:

Dan:cool: