Mingus TX finals are up

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by James5m, May 2, 2007.

1. James5m

James5m

Somebody is working overtime to get the scores up.

Congats to all the winners

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Congratulations to all the winners and GSSF Staff for some great shooting and hard work.

3. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Other then one pistol, doesn't look like they awarded any other random prizes. Looks like the total registrations was just a hair under the number needed to start getting them.

Malladus

4. Don At PC

Under the new Prize Allocation System the number of prizes other than 1st Place is solely based on number of total match entries. Mingus had a total of 163 entries therefore they received performance awards for 1st & 2nd and no Random awards other than if you introduced a new shooter. So it all boils down to the more total entries in a match the more awards. This is covered in rule 190.xxof the 2007 Glock Report Vol. 1.:thumbsup:

5. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Yep, read those before I posted and before I went to my first match which was Mingus. Just making a comment, not trying to argue a point.

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Well, I did not win a gun, but I did well enough to take home 275 dollars. I'm happy.:banana:

7. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Congrats Bamatrooper, and thanks for getting me hooked on GSSF. Now you just need to explain to my wife why I need 4 guns just to shoot at matches 2 or 3 times a year.

Malladus

8. Don At PC

No problem. No arguement intended. After I reread your post I thought you had been aware of it. Just trying to be sure everyone is exposed to some of the changes since very few have probably seen the Glock Report. I just picked up a copy at the Anderson Match last weekend. Were you the new shooter with BamaTrooper? My son-in-law and I drove from the Florida Panhandle for the match. Will probably be the only trip there unless something is done about the worthless plate racks. We drove 1800 miles that weekend and sure didn't need that agravation. They are easy enough to miss but when you hit them with a 200gr .45 2 or 3 times and then maybe they fall that long of a trip wasn't worth it. They also needed several more RO's. The young lady and Gentleman on the 5 to Glock worked their butts off and did their best but 2 people to run 2 setups with no one to squad shooters is more than should have been expected of them. My hat's off to them for their work trying.

9. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Yeah, Bamatrooper brought me, my father-in-law, and brother-in-law along. I was the tall heavy set guy complaining about his Model 26 the whole time.

He had been trying to get us to go for a few months, convinced me, so I bought my first Glock the night before, then borrowed a 26 from him for the match. My father-in-law bought his first Glock that evening after the match, and I picked up a 34 about two weeks later. So Bamatrooper did a good job getting us hooked.

All of us are planning to go to San Antonio and maybe Ft. Smith. Where going to try for Thibbedeux, but the schedules didn't synch up. I'm thinking about trying to make the Pensacola match as well since I grew up in Mobile and can either crash with my folks and then drive over with BT.

I had heard there were some problems with the plates, but based on my inability to hit them, I couldn't say much more about them. I did so poorly at them they accounted for more then 50% of my total time. I'll probably be a regular at Mingus, just because it's close to my in-laws in Dallas. Hopefully things will get better as they get more matches under their belts.

I agree about the two RO's on 5 to Glock, they were working like dogs, but both still took time to help out us new shooters with a little coaching before, during, and after we shot. I think it helped them out somewhat that some of the shooters like you Team Carver guys and some others where sort of squading yourselves and helping us newbs out with things.

Malladus

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

As for the above, um hmm (clearing throat) the 26 worked well enough to win 3rd subcompact:thumbsup: :supergrin:

and you forgot to mention how the cute RO, the girl fellas, the girl, was making googoo eyes at you.:hearts: