Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GTDS
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew how many MIM parts are in Glocks?
Or even more, I would like to know is where said MIM parts sourced?

I'm not dissing MIM, because for what I am designing it is the best solution.
I am sourcing out vendors for some MIM parts and one of the vendor reps said some things I just couldn't believe. I don't know if he didn't know bunk about Glocks or was trying to dis other suppliers.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
i hope not, i don't trust them. most gun companies do though.
i have talked to to many in the know and they all agree there is a consistanty issues with mim, thats one reason i started looking at glocks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
MIM is usually reserved for very, very tiny parts, that's where the advantage lies. I think the locking block is larger than necessary for the MIM process. But I've been wrong before. I wonder if someone close to Glock could find this info for us.:eyebrow:
There is nothing unusual at all about making locking block sized parts with MIM. You will find MIM parts a heck of a lot bigger than a locking block in your car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
MIM is perfectly accecptable for parts that do not receive a lot of abuse.

Kimber uses MIM and they are considered a good gun.

Sig uses MIM

Taurus uses MIM there guns are much better then they use to be.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The entire frame is plastic. How can anyone be concerned that some metal pieces in their Glock could be MIM?

If you are really concerned with MIM, it might be best just to stick with Colt 1911's manufactured before 1970.

·
GTDS
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am perfectly comfortable with MIM parts in a gun. It is a QA issue to not have parts that are faulty.

I know who the supplier is for at least some of the MIM parts in SIG's. I have talked to their rep and his sample set was very impressive.

The question for me is: Is the supplier for the Glock MIM parts in Austria, in the US or elsewhere? ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts