Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GTDS
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew how many MIM parts are in Glocks?
Or even more, I would like to know is where said MIM parts sourced?

I'm not dissing MIM, because for what I am designing it is the best solution.
I am sourcing out vendors for some MIM parts and one of the vendor reps said some things I just couldn't believe. I don't know if he didn't know bunk about Glocks or was trying to dis other suppliers.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
i hope not, i don't trust them. most gun companies do though.
i have talked to to many in the know and they all agree there is a consistanty issues with mim, thats one reason i started looking at glocks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The locking block looks like a possible candidate.
MIM is usually reserved for very, very tiny parts, that's where the advantage lies. I think the locking block is larger than necessary for the MIM process. But I've been wrong before. I wonder if someone close to Glock could find this info for us.:eyebrow:

·
Registered
123 Posts
MIM is usually reserved for very, very tiny parts, that's where the advantage lies. I think the locking block is larger than necessary for the MIM process. But I've been wrong before. I wonder if someone close to Glock could find this info for us.:eyebrow:
There is nothing unusual at all about making locking block sized parts with MIM. You will find MIM parts a heck of a lot bigger than a locking block in your car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
MIM is perfectly accecptable for parts that do not receive a lot of abuse.

Kimber uses MIM and they are considered a good gun.

Sig uses MIM

Taurus uses MIM there guns are much better then they use to be.

·
GTDS
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am perfectly comfortable with MIM parts in a gun. It is a QA issue to not have parts that are faulty.

I know who the supplier is for at least some of the MIM parts in SIG's. I have talked to their rep and his sample set was very impressive.

The question for me is: Is the supplier for the Glock MIM parts in Austria, in the US or elsewhere? ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.