close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Milwaukee Prelims Are Up

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, May 21, 2007.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i found them at 3:15am monday morning. never seen results up so fast.

2. Ghost361

Ghost361

Myself and Chris were the last 2 shooters and they were done before we left the match. I truly hope this is the way things are headed. What a great match. Shot my best score ever with a 60 something. The RO's were the best I have ever seen. Though it was not very busy when I arrived everything was run extremely well. I will definitly be back next year.

3. RH45

RH45

Where are they posted??

4. RH45

RH45

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

WOW ---- Great job GSSF. Congratulations to all the winners. Way to go Dwight, Butch and Steve, you once againg made Team Carver stand out. Great shooting.:thumbsup:

6. ThreeGlockMike

ThreeGlockMike

Thanks everyone for all of your great comments. We hounded Glock for almost 2 years to get this match, and they were not disappointed.

Now that they have given us the green light for next year, we can probably get a later date, possibly in June when the weather is a little better.

Most of the RO's were new to GSSF but among a core group of good friends and great shooters who are always there for me whether it is a State match or simply a club match. You know the type, they are usually the ones who are still there after the match is over putting away all that heavy steel.

Schultz's hosts not one but TWO USPSA clubs (our own and NISA also shoots there.) We have Racine IDPA as a guest 2-3 times per year and the State IDPA championship was there last year and will be there again this summer. We also have a Tuesday night Action Pistol league that runs during the summer and let's us bring more new shooters into our pistol sports. The State USPSA match has also been there a few times.

We figured out a couple of years ago that it was easier to cater the big matches than try to do it ourselves. The caterer only charges 10/plate and the brisket is awesome.

Thanks everyone for coming out, we saw people there from as far as California. Everyone was really nice, very little whining and a pleasure to shoot with.

I was also pleasantly surprised that I was not afflicted with MD curse while shooting unlimited or subcompact!

Please see our web site www.schultzgunclub.com

Mike Williams
    MD and President of Schultz Resort Rod & Gun Club

www.schultzgunclub.com

7. EMTY POCKETS

EMTY POCKETS

My hat goes off to the Match Director(Mike Williams)and to all the wonderful people who organized this event. I am relatively new to the world of competitive shooting and this re-affirmed my enthusiasm for the sport. Not having much to compare it to, Schultz's put on a "First Class" event and set the bar high for me! I was wearing a few hats for the match(retail, R/O, and participant)and would do it all over again! I would liketo thank GLOCK for the outstanding support and knowledge that they provided(not to mention having results at lightening speed)!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

8. Aggie85

Aggie85

My son and I made the trip to Schultz on Saturday. The match was well run and the facilities are excellent. Can't wait till next year.

Leonard, Chad says hi and thanks for your hospitality.

JCH

9. HeGlock

HeGlock flyshooter

Edwin! Great shooting on Major Sub buddy!!! Congrats

10. Ghost361

Ghost361

Wish they would seperate who is master and who is not. It would be lots easier to read.

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Agree; made that suggestion to GSSF during a 'shoot the breeze' period after the match. If they do it at some point it probably wouldn't happen overnight; just guessing it would involve an additional field in the database. The sharks in the deep water probably know who they are but it would let Am's see their true standing sooner. They (GSSF) constantly try to improve and, generally, the results are worth the wait.

Like having prelims up 12 hours after the match. ;)

:patriot:

12. Ghost361

Ghost361

Make sure you thank Cindy for that one. She was totally on the ball. I was super impressed.

13. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Cindy's been around the block before and is a good Match Director in her own right. Credit for much of the improvement in GSSF results posting, however, I believe also goes to Donna Bouchard's development. That database is what lets the folks at the match key stuff in as it comes in & they have time. After a sanity check - boom! - prelims are posted. I have to admit, 0315 of the Monday AM following the match is probably a record.

It's sometimes necessary to remember that during the bulk of the match season many of these folks have very little down time, or time at home for that matter.

14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

being the puter dumbass that i am it seems easy to me to indicate the masters. just put a * or M for master next to the name, something like ede* or ede M

15. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Only guessing, but the segregation probably already exists in the database. But you could be onto something... but instead of having the GSSF staff enter it manually, perhaps whenever someone gets 'promoted' a rule could be written that if they're a master, simply append the letter M to their entry number. That way it might kick out when the report runs that produces the results. Using Milwaukee as an example you'd have 001M instead of 001 in SubCompact. :supergrin:

Then again, the smaller my countdown number gets to retirement eligibility the more "puter dumbass" I become as well.

16. Terminator

Terminator

I would like to see something to distinguish the masters from the amateurs as well. Since were all in the same category at least we could know who is who, and where we finish in our own class.

17. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

FWIW, I passed the suggestion along to Donna as well. Reaction was that it was a good idea and would be passed up the chain.

18. ede

ede Bama's Friend

as long as you're making sugustions to Donna why not mention your idea about making an amature bracket in UL like they do a master bracket in Comp and Sub.

19. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I feel very strongly they should leave the U/L Category alone. There are usually not enough Amateure shooters shooting in U/L and as a result the Amateure shooters would most likely LOOSE the chance of winning anything in U/L. LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.