Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Quick! Duck!
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"With attention focused on coronavirus, undiagnosed and untreated TB cases will cause 1.4 million to die, research suggests

The head of a global partnership to end tuberculosis (TB) said she is “sickened” by research that revealed millions more people are expected to contract the disease as a result of Covid-19 restrictions."

Click here to read article.

And I learned from this article that I could speak French, too.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,443 Posts
Just ad that to my list

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,924 Posts
TB is a thing in the Third World Crapholes because they keep a using anti-TB drugs making them usless.

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
It is what it is.

Think about it.

And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come

We crashed the largest economy, destroyed livelihoods, all to keep from dying those who who would have already perished, and did.

The biggest fleecing of civil rights will be recorded, by those who'll write history in their favor.

Prove me wrong.

·
Firm member
30,238 Posts
It is what it is.

Think about it.

And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come

We crashed the largest economy, destroyed livelihoods, all to keep from dying those who who would have already perished, and did.

The biggest fleecing of civil rights will be recorded, by those who'll write history in their favor.

Prove me wrong.
It hasn't killed a loved-one of yours. We get it. HH

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Some people need to shut t. f. u. with saying crap like that. We need to start ignoring these "predictors!" Freedom of speech and freedom to lie/exagerate/imbellish/swindle are not the same things!
That old gal is probably that Ethiopian WHO terd's girlfriend.
Heck no, I won't even click on that garbage! I'd be better to go down to the pond and listen to the bullfrogs tell me about our situation than pay any heed to these "expert researchers!"

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I think there is going to be a measuring and an accounting for the decisions we've made in response to this pandemic.

The only good that will come out of this is a tightening of our game so we're prepared for when a real monster like ebola rears it's ugly head.

I've got a healthy respect for something like ebola. It's a true killer on a Biblical scale. THAT is when you have a lockdown - no doubt or hesitation.

V.

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
1,167 Posts
It is what it is.

Think about it.

And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come

Prove me wrong.
With respect, that's a really ignorant statement.

·
Registered
13,928 Posts
Who are the most likely to be struck down by the virus?
Who are the most likely to have pensions, s/s and other guaranteed income streams un affected by the economic shutdown caused by the virus?
A perfect storm.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,045 Posts
This comment alone shows a callousness that I find not only incredible, but appalling. My wife works in the Senior Nursing Unit at our local medical center. 2 of her coworkers have died from COVID-19. A nurse, 27 years old, and a CNA, 42 years old. I have buried 2 friends who died from the virus, both well under 60 years old. As for the residents there who have died from the virus, just because someone may be in a nursing home does not mean they are at death's door. They may be there solely because they can no longer live by themselves.

A few years back there was a video making the rounds, showing the reaction of a young man's family when he was convicted of killing a senior citizen and given a lengthy sentence. They were upset because he was an old man who wasn't going to live much longer, anyway. Your post shows the same disdain for human life.

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,931 Posts
Fear is very rational.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
The article did not really explain why a Corona lock down will cause an increase in tuberculosis.

Is it because people will stay inside too much in a dark damp house instead of going outside for sun and fresh air?

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
And yet, here in the US we have brain dead judges who continually rule in the favor of problem children rather than society as a whole.

Street people with TB and communities are not allowed to do anything to ensure they take their meds.

And of course the ignorant anti vaxxers who refuse to let their kids get vaccinated and thus expose other parent's kids. Innumerable peer reviewed studies say vaccines don't cause autism, yet people listen to the ill educated like Jenny McCarthy whose only "accomplishment" is stripping for Playboy. Home schooling isn't a solution. Do you moms keep them at home 24/7? They don't play with others or go to the malls? Community rights far exceed their "rights". Don

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I've become cynical and very skeptical of anyone in the science community who makes a claim like this. I've come to the conclusion that many of them are outright lying in order to secure more funding for their work. We've seen it with man made global warming Wuhan Flu, and now this. Everything is about money, and more specifically about taking other people's money. It's too bad because I'm sure there are good scientists our there.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts