Millions of Mail-in Ballots at Risk in Battleground States

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Oct 31, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Millions of Mail-in Ballots at Risk in Battleground States

Millions of mail-in ballots haven’t been received by election offices in critical battleground states, where recent slowdowns in mail deliveries risk some votes not arriving in time to count for the presidential election.

As of Oct. 30, more than seven million mailed ballots had not been returned in the 13 most competitive states that require ballots to arrive on or before Election Day, a Wall Street Journal analysis of data from the University of Florida’s U.S. Elections Project found. That’s about 28% of the more than 24 million ballots that had been tallied in those states, the Elections Project data show.

Many of the states, including Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Florida, were narrowly won in the 2016 presidential election, in some cases by only a few thousand votes, making the outstanding ballots potentially critical to figuring a winner this time around.

Mail delays won’t help the situation: So far this week, first-class mail times have slowed from the week before in 12 of the 13 competitive states with tight deadlines, according to data from mail-tracking firm GrayHair Software.

In a statement, the Postal Service said it had seen an exceedingly high volume of mail moving through the system this week, and was continuing to “implement extraordinary measures to advance and expedite the delivery of the nation’s ballots,” including extra trips, extended overtime shifts for workers and mail collection on Sunday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elec...in-battleground-states/ar-BB1azk5n?li=BBnb7Kz "

2. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

Dems will be “finding” ballots until next July, or until they have enough to win, whichever comes first.

3. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

4. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

If you are voting republican and can go out to vote, go out and vote. No way I was trusting mail in ballots for my vote.

cbetts1, ExecutiveWill, mj9mm and 6 others like this.
  5. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

6. Crazypolack

Crazypolack

Perhaps all those high speed sorting machines should not have been scrapped, and top USPS officials not shown the door a few months ago.

7. thewitt

thewitt

Gee, who would have ever guessed this?

ExecutiveWill and B C like this.
  8. jakedaawg

jakedaawg

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    I am scared...Texas has already reached the 2016 total count. That reeks of illegals voting...and dead people...

mj9mm and B C like this.
  9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The question is, who does this benefit? The Democrats were screaming for voting by mail, so will they be overrepresented among the lost ballots? Or was that just a scam to get Republicans to do it?

10. GeorgeK

GeorgeK

Someone else put this up and it holds as true as death and taxes.
    I went in and voted early, wanted it to count. [​IMG]

Sent from my Stupid Phone

cbetts1 and mj9mm like this.
  11. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

My mail-in ballot will not be mailed. If a glitch prevents me from voting in person, I will drive it downtown or have someone drive it downtown to drop off at the election board office.

12. B C

B C

Considering that they reversed course and are now telling people to vote in person, I'd say this helps us. Plus, the breakdown of D vesus R on how they planned on voting shows Dems overwhelmingly were voting by mail.