Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly aquired 1949 ROF Fazakerley built Lee-Enfield No 4 Mk 1 (February 1949). Excellent bore, period correct sling, bayonet, scabbard and frog. Bayonet is stamped as from a No 4 Mk 2, magazine serial # does not match -1948 built. More pics - https://imgur.com/a/wmfjcce

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I LOVE to shoot enfields. I think they are the BEST milsurp for price and value. I love the ladder sights!

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I LOVE to shoot enfields. I think they are the BEST milsurp for price and value. I love the ladder sights!
I'm looking forward to getting some range time... soon.

Very cool :cool:

They should don't make them like that any longer...
Thanks! No kidding. I'm just happy a) to finally have one, and b) my gunsmith had it for sale so I know it's been looked over with a fine tooth comb and test fired. Oh crap, he gave me two 1944 .303 cartridges as a souvenir to keep with the rifle and I forgot to take a pic of those lol.

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Esercito Italiano!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: michael_b

·
Build the Wall
10,312 Posts
Very nice, looks awesome!

I have a Long Branch and a Savage that I bought from century Arms about 11 years ago.would love to clean them up and get them to the range but just haven't taken the time. Perhaps when the kids get back in school I will tackle that project.

Enjoy your "new" rifle! :)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Congrats on your "Rule. 303" acquisition.

Even though your variant is several beyond the Boer War Mk I's, Rule. 303 is still Rule. 303.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

·
Lean & Mean
15,713 Posts
Bolt head stamped with "0". That usually means a nice head space. Congratulations!

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Esercito Italiano!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
O la vittoria, o tutti accoppati!

Very nice, looks awesome!

I have a Long Branch and a Savage that I bought from century Arms about 11 years ago.would love to clean them up and get them to the range but just haven't taken the time. Perhaps when the kids get back in school I will tackle that project.

Enjoy your "new" rifle! :)
Thanks! Oh cool, you need to.

Congrats on your "Rule. 303" acquisition.

Even though your variant is several beyond the Boer War Mk I's, Rule. 303 is still Rule. 303.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Okay, newbie question, what is rule 303?
Always wanted one.
Get one, everyone needs another iron baby.
Great rifle. I know you are very proud.
Pretty excited. Went to the smith with a buddy Friday and saw this and was like, ‘oh no’. My buddy worked me over
on the ride home and the next day the smith put it aside for me.
Very nice !
Thanks!
Bolt head stamped with "0". That usually means a nice head space. Congratulations!
Thanks! I learned that today, spent about another 45 minutes talking Enfields with my smith today. He said he was happy he didn’t have to fix the headspace as the supply of other bolt heads are drying up and he has to add material and customize the face if it had issues. It’s pretty involved and would have added a couple hundred to my tab.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
"Rule. 303" refers to the unwritten "rule " of the British Empire to execute Boer commandos (who mainly fought without uniforms ) captured in South Africa.

This phrase, used during that conflict, was popularized in the movie, "Breaker Morant".

The British had just adopted the SMLE Mk. I in...drum roll please. ...303. :)

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Rule. 303" refers to the unwritten "rule " of the British Empire to execute Boer commandos (who mainly fought without uniforms ) captured in South Africa.

This phrase, used during that conflict, was popularized in the movie, "Breaker Morant".

The British had just adopted the SMLE Mk. I in...drum roll please. ...303. :)
The last part I had surmised lol. Thanks!

After doing more research, looks like my rifle was sent out to the South African Navy, hence the SAN on the butt plate. At least that seems to be the consensus.

Reactions: Gray Dood

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: C_Hallbert
1 - 20 of 35 Posts