close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mika or Fist Holster Pocket Carry A G30?'

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by willrwilli, Jan 15, 2010.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

I posted this earlier and I guess I put it in the wrong forum and it was closed. So here we go again. First let me say that I am a big guy and always wear my shirts untucked. So even if a little bit of the gun sticks out of the pocket it is okay. Lately I have been putting the gun in my pocket inside of a cheap uncle mikes IWB holster. It has been working but is far from being ideal. I have it narrowed down to the Mika or the Fist. I like the Fist because of the thumb release, and I like the Mika because everyone talks highly of them, and he offers a full refund. Does anyone have any experience with these? Does anyone use one of these with a G30?

2. David Armstrong

David Armstrong

If you are going to pocket carry yo udon't want a thumb relaease. Theuncle Mike's is inexpensive, not cheap, and lots of folks consider it to be jsut fine. I've got Uncle Mike and Mika pocket holsters, and don't find much difference between them for actual carrying.If the gun sticks out of the pocket it isnot OK, as yo are losign abit of structural support. You can easily have your pocket lengthened a bit by a seamstress.

3. mikegun

mikegun

i find Mika makes a very comfy holster, as well as no print

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Millennium Member

your pocket must be bigger than mine

5. willrwilli

willrwilli

I am not sure about that but here is the setup. The gun is in my pocket inside of the Uncle Mikes IWB holster.

Attached Files:

6. willrwilli

willrwilli

Right now leaning towards the First #5 pocket holster in kydex. No one else has tried this combo?

7. Doug S

Doug S

I recently bought a Mika Pocket Holster for my my Glock 26 (previously used a Galco Horsehide Pocket Holster). The Mika is superior in every way. I use the Mika holsters for my S&W, but I wasn't sure about using one for the G26. For the price, I figured I'd give it a try. I didn't expect much, but was very pleasantly surprised at how well the Mika works with the G26. No printing, the gun stays in place within the pocket, the holster stays put in the pocket when you draw the gun, better. It also makes the gun feel lighter, because it stays in place and doesn't feel like it's bouncing around in the pocket. As you'll notice in my picture, Mr. Mika made it rather tall, and no metal is exposed, which I like. Better protection from sweat. MUCH BETTER holster than my or the Uncle Mikes (which I've used with other guns) Galco. Be forwarned though, if your experience is anything like mine...if you order the Mika, it will take you the better part of the year to receive it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  8. Caver 60

Caver 60

And he'll charge your credit card when you order it. I am still waiting to receive my second one. The first one works great, but I needed a different one for another pistol. But it's worth waiting for.

Don't forget you can get either a square cut or round cut, depending on how your pants pockets are cut.

9. willrwilli

willrwilli

Well Just wanted to say that I pulled the trigger and ordered a Fist #5 in leather. The only reason was since I have been carrying the Fist #1 IWB was the only holster I could wear all day. So I just decided to give them the first shot. I will post back when it comes.

10. sarge83

sarge83

I have a mika and love it, but it will take months to get. It was worth the wait though.

11. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

It looks like the Uncle Mikes does a pretty good job concealing the gun! Just curious, what did you not like about the Uncle Mikes pocket holster?

12. Hedo1

Hedo1

I like my Mika holster a lot. Long wait but worth it. It's two years old and still looks new.

13. willrwilli

willrwilli

The Uncle Mikes is not a pocket holster. It is in fact a IWB holster with a clip. It works for now but I want something made for pocket carry.

14. brucejohnston88

brucejohnston88

15. Big_Steve

Big_Steve

I had a Mika for a S&W 642. I was happy with the quality.