Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago, I scored 1K 45ACP in small primer (Speer and Federal headstamps). I was looking to consolidae primer stores.

This month's Shooting Times has a reloading article by Lane Simpson (one of my favorite authors). He describes coming into a large quantity of 45 ACP small primer brass at a SHOT show demo. He ran some tests on the SP vs LP. Velocity of the SP was down a little bit; but the SP was also more accurate and had a lower SD than the LP variety. So if any of you are tossing that 45ACP SP brass, toss it this way. :supergrin:

He was able to use very similar loads despite the primer differences. Looks like I need to start working up some 45 ACP loads. Might just use my GSSF "coupon" and pick up a new Glock compact in 45ACP.

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Tagged as this is all very interesting. And hey, sounds like you have a reason to go buy a new glock.
I picked up this last week. Not a 45, but still a beautiful pistol. It will never taste a factory round:supergrin:
It took me hours to get this picture, so I like showing it off:supergrin: Maybe my photo skills will push you over the edge to go buy a new one.

·
Conifer Jack
10,016 Posts
Tagged as this is all very interesting. And hey, sounds like you have a reason to go buy a new glock.
I picked up this last week. Not a 45, but still a beautiful pistol. It will never taste a factory round:supergrin:
It took me hours to get this picture, so I like showing it off:supergrin: Maybe my photo skills will push you over the edge to go buy a new one.

Were they out of real guns? :supergrin:

Jack

·
Conifer Jack
10,016 Posts
Jack's volunteering to hold our targets while we shoot 9mm. Hold real still.

I'll hold still... and stand really close so that oversized BB will reach me. :supergrin:

Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.