Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Waukesha today, and had a little time to spare, so I decided to check out the Midwest Industries retail store. The store is not large, but it serves it's purpose. One half of the floor space is devoted to accessories. MI safeguards, rails, sights. Magpul stuff, too. Lots of pmags. The other half has a checkout counter, and a wall full of rifles. Mostly MI AR's and Bravo Company AR's, but a few others mixed in, along with a couple of AK's, and a small variety of other tactical looking stuff. In front of the rifles is a counter with a small selection of Glocks and other semi-auto handguns. The Glocks appeared to be competitively priced, as were the rifles.

The rifles displayed are for sale, but are mostly there as a representation of things they have available. If you see one you like, you can buy it and take it home. If you want something different, though, you can order it and they will build it for you. I'm not sure how long it takes to get it.

The sales guy working there today was very friendly, seemed knowledgable, and was not at all pushy.

I didn't buy anything today, but I was pretty tempted. Nice store.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
I was in Waukesha today, and had a little time to spare, so I decided to check out the Midwest Industries retail store. The store is not large, but it serves it's purpose. One half of the floor space is devoted to accessories. MI safeguards, rails, sights. Magpul stuff, too. Lots of pmags. The other half has a checkout counter, and a wall full of rifles. Mostly MI AR's and Bravo Company AR's, but a few others mixed in, along with a couple of AK's, and a small variety of other tactical looking stuff. In front of the rifles is a counter with a small selection of Glocks and other semi-auto handguns. The Glocks appeared to be competitively priced, as were the rifles.

The rifles displayed are for sale, but are mostly there as a representation of things they have available. If you see one you like, you can buy it and take it home. If you want something different, though, you can order it and they will build it for you. I'm not sure how long it takes to get it.

The sales guy working there today was very friendly, seemed knowledgable, and was not at all pushy.

I didn't buy anything today, but I was pretty tempted. Nice store.
Sounds cool. Still wanting one of their handguards. Didn't know they built complete rifles.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was impressed by the handguards I tried out there. Also, they had a rifle equipped with one of their flip up rear sights. Compared to the polymer Magpul sights they had on another rifle there, the MI sight was really nice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got a Midwest upper on top of a SOLGW lower. Still wringing it out but I believe it's very high quality equipment. I wish I had purchased the Midwest iron sights instead of the Magpul Pro, but all good either way you look at it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MI Lightweight Combat rails are my go to for a quality rail that's easy to install, never have to time a barrel nut and torque spec isnt insanely high.
One of the best value for grams/cost analysis for lightweight builds.
Lanbo's armory has great deals for MI gear.
MI's reaction rod is almost equivalent to Geiselle. It's a great tool for building uppers given the spline that locks into the upper charging handle slot. I still use the Geiselle rod for muzzle devices so I dont have to take the spline off the MI to accomodate the gas tube.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts