close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mid Life Crisis

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by T. Harless, Aug 24, 2006.

1. T. Harless

T. Harless

I think it's midlife crisis thing but I've decided I want a Ducati Multistrada. I've never owned a motorcycle before but I want this one. Anybody ride that or should I just go gray and leave it be?

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Do you have any riding experience (dirtbikes do count).

If not, start a lot smaller.

3. T. Harless

T. Harless

Just a little. I've ridden several dirt bikes over the years but only a couple street bikes. I do have a Segway at work. Does that count?

The Ducati is only a 620. No crotch rockets for me.

4. mmc45414

mmc45414

Might be a good idea to take the MSF course and then decide if you want a street bike. This time of year they will be booked up but a lot of the people will not show and you can get in.

Also, my good friend is a dealer in Columbus, OH and that might be do-able, depending on where you are in WV.

Also, am (actually, should be) packing up to go to a nice HSTA (http://www.ridehsta.com/index.php) rally in Marietta, OH this weekend (http://ohio.hsta.us/MailPouchForm-2006.pdf). If you happen to be right across the river you might stop over Sat evening for some tire kicking. This is the type of crowd that might even include somebody with a MS, and there will probably be several MSF instructors in attendance.

I will send you a PM with my contact info.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Get MSF training and get that 620 Multistrada. The Multistrada series is Ducati's friendliest street bike series. It's more of a standard bike than the Monster. Good ergonomics, excellent handling, good engine.

At least your midlife crisis didn't rob you of common sense. Good choice.

6. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Oh, sorry I am not up on my Ducs. I did not know they had a 620 multistrada. I was thinkning it was a 1000.

nevermind then. DO go through the MSF course though.

7. T. Harless

T. Harless

I'm all for the MSF. I'm doing my homework on the bike and really liking the Ducati.

Thanks all for the input! I really appreciate it.

8. spober

spober

ha ha ha tee tee tee hee hee hee ha ha ha ha ha !you gotta be kidding me.ill bet you ware the same short sleave white shirt with pocket sliderule/pencil,pen holder ha ha ha h aha h astop stop i canrt take it.and your seriously wanting to get a motorbike and not just any one but a duck!are you serious? ha ha htee tee hee hee hee hee ha ha ha ht::laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:ive ridena a segway...ha ha ha hee hee hee tee tee hee haw haw haw yuk yuk yuk ! :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: how bout a Vespa FAST FREDDY SPECNCER, AND GO FROM THERE.:laughabove:

9. Gravity

Gravity

10. T. Harless

T. Harless

Besides being a flaming ****%$*, you must not be real familiar with the Multistrada. It's not exactly a screaming crotch rocket.

As for the Segway, I can see where that might amuse folks that have never gotten to play with one. Kind of in the vein of mopeds and fat chicks. You know, great fun until your buddies see you riding one.

11. Goldstar225

Goldstar225 NRA member

As others have said, take the MSF course. A friend of mine with no previous bike experience (he's in his forties) bought a 50cc scooter just to get a taste of riding. He finished the MSF two weeks ago and is ON FIRE to buy a bike. Others have taken the course only to learn that they don't want to ride. Taking the course first saved them money. Good luck.