Microsoft Internet Exployer

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by OldUglyNAngry, Sep 30, 2007.

1. OldUglyNAngry

OldUglyNAngry

Good Day All,
    I would appreciate your help. For about a month now, out of the blue I get the below error. I run AVG Anti-Spyware and AVG Anti-Virus software repeatedly throughout the day and I can't seem to get rid of this. Has anyone else gotten this and how did you get rid of it? Thanks for your help. By the way, since I DO NOT visit adult sites, I know this crap isn't on my PC but when I get the error, it shuts down the window I'm in. This is what is causing my frustration. Here is the error message:

NOTICE:Your computer has tracks of all adult sites you had visited. In most cases, you are not even aware of the files that get installed by themselves, violate your online privacy and could compromise your career and your marriage.
    These files leave tracks of your online behavior and even compromise your credit card's security. It is possible to clean up all the temporary and history records of your computer to remove these tracks.
    Would you like to install DriveCleaner to check your computer for free? (Recommended)

2. JMag

JMag

Your computer needs a good cleaning.

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-062217-0726-99

DriveCleaner is a misleading application, which gives exaggerated reports of security and privacy risks on a computer. The program then prompts the user to purchase a registered version of the software in order to remove the reported risks.

Google up some fixes; good luck!

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

I find the AVG AntiSpyware finds everything that Adaware finds and the newest version of Adaware can cause some problems and can be difficult to uninsyall. Spybot on the other hand often finds a few things missed by AVG AntiSpyware and Adaware. A2Squared is another good anti spyware program that works well but I'm not sure it's better than AVG AntiSpyware. SpywareBlaster is good for protection especially using IE. Comodo Anti-Malware doesn't scan but it protects and will disable some spyware already in the system. Might try a scan using Spybot. Don't enable any of the other features of Spybot.

6. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Yahoo Toolbar has the Norton scanner which is suppose to remove DriveCleaner. I wouldn't leave Yahoo Toolbar installed but it comes with Ccleaner which works well.

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/