Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rational
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I've gotten a notification, which I've only seen twice in all the years I've had Windows 10. And both times, it was when I woke up after falling asleep at my computer.

The notification shows up in my "Notifications" tab over on the lower-right, and it says something to the effect of "Your Microsoft Account has encountered a problem, most likely a changed password, click here to resolve this issue".

ETA: this is what it was:

I click on it, and my system opens and tells me that there are no issues to report.

It should be noted that all of the internet tabs that I had opened were closed (it was only a few; GlockTalk, YouTube, etc), which I didn't do. I had Google Chrome opened, and when I woke up, my home screen was there, but Google Chrome was closed entirely. I didn't do that.

Is this an update that I missed while I was asleep? I checked for updates yesterday, and there were none. And it doesn't recognize that it's been updated.....it says that it was last checked yesterday, when I manually checked for them.

This has happened one other time before, also when I was asleep at my computer, and it's a little concerning. I'm half-wondering if maybe my cat stepped on my keyboard or something while I was asleep. Has anyone ever heard of this, and if so, what is it? And how do I find out what happened?

Thanks!

·
Flux Capacitor Technician
4,495 Posts
Just PM me with your login and password and I will fix everything for you while you sleep.

I take your account security very seriously and your continued satisfaction is my top priority.

·
Rational
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just PM me with your login and password and I will fix everything for you while you sleep.

I take your account security very seriously and your continued satisfaction is my top priority.
If I was a dumber man, I'd probably actually do this.

·
Registered
15,384 Posts
I was excited to see the caption because I had come to believe that Microsoft Technical Support was a fiction designed to increase sales. However, I was very disappointed in the actual posting because there was not indication therein that Microsoft Technical Support was anything other than a myth. :freak:

Sometimes, I think that Microsoft Technical Support is in the same category as the Loch Ness monster.

·
Registered
13,292 Posts
Why do you have a Microsoft account?

My memory is that it is not necessary but windows 10 made it seem that way when you first installed it to login.

It probably has many uses I don't know, but if you don't need it, delete it.

·
Flux Capacitor Technician
4,495 Posts
If I was a dumber man, I'd probably actually do this.
like most other things that pop up saying there is something wrong with your account that needs immediate action it’s a phishing scam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.