Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tech Talk,

It has been awhile since I've had to access the knowledge base here.

My mic won't work when playing games, especially Battlefield 2 and CounterStrike:Source.

I have been searching for solutions, and there is a ton of info / thread / problems related to Vista and mics.

My computer:
2.5g Quad Core
DFI Lanparty motherboard
NO sound card, using onboard sound
WinVista 64bit home premium, with service pack 1 installed.
4g RAM
ATI Ruby 3850 (? I think) 512RAM graphics card
500g HD

When I go to the Sound screen on the main computer, my mic shows as working, and the level thingy has green going up and down when I speak into the mic. I checked my mic as "default".

I have started Battlefield 2 as "administrator", I have gone through all screens relating to mic level, mic boost, VOIP, etc.

I also tried to download Microsoft Update KB947562, which is related to problems with various programs, and Battlefield 2 is listed. BUT, when I download, a screen comes up saying something along the lines of the download program does not work with my system?

According to everything I have been reading / searching, everyone who has this problem seems to find different things to fix it. There doesn't seem to be one solution, which makes this even more confusing.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts. Actually I have been moderately impressed with Vista, with this one big exception.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing I was thinking... would getting a sound card solve this problem?

·
Annoying Member
2,201 Posts
Do you know for certain that the mic works? Do you have it plugged into the correct jack?

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know for certain that the mic works? Do you have it plugged into the correct jack?
Yep, it's in the correct jack. It works when I use Ventrilo.

·
Annoying Member
2,201 Posts
Yep, it's in the correct jack. It works when I use Ventrilo.
So you are saying that it works in everything except the games, if that's the case I would check out the forums on the specific games web sites for a solution ... I'd bet you're not the first to have that problem.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you are saying that it works in everything except the games, if that's the case I would check out the forums on the specific games web sites for a solution ... I'd bet you're not the first to have that problem.
Yes, I am not the first at all. I have been searching on gamesite forums. This is a common problem with Vista, and everyone seems to need a different solution... which makes this even more of a pain in the tuckus.

I was hoping someone here might have some ideas I could try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts