Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about trying to use lead bullets for plinking in my old Marlin 30-30 but have read both positive and negative thoughts about it. Some say works good using oversize bullets and others say don't use lead as it just doesn't do well with micro groove barrels. Any thoughts on the subject?

·
Wood butcher
2,393 Posts
Been thinking about trying to use lead bullets for plinking in my old Marlin 30-30 but have read both positive and negative thoughts about it. Some say works good using oversize bullets and others say don't use lead as it just doesn't do well with micro groove barrels. Any thoughts on the subject?
I've tried it with two rifles over the years with +001 and .002, softer lead, harder lead - none gave satisfactory performance for me and I eventually waved the white flag. I use plated bullets now and simply slow them down since all I use it for is like you, plinking. Works much better for me and no expanding the neck for lead.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably end up doing that. I just got a sample pack of Brazos coated bullets for my 40 and those things are really slick, could be coated bullets might run different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts