close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Michigan Public Teacher's Retirement Crippled by Budget Reform...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RayB, Apr 18, 2012.

1. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Yes, it's sad but true... This Michigan teacher will not be able to retire, as planned, at age 47, if a proposed budget repair bill is approved... :crying:

It's an outrage! :fist:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehi...chigan_teacher_upset_she_cant_retireat_age_47

Yes, Teri List advises students not to become a teacher in Michigan... :sadangel:

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16789

As most of you know, Michigan's finances are a train wreck, and taxing the crap out of private-sector working people is no longer a viable option... :upeyes:

Brutal times, man... :shakehead:

--Ray

2. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

At 47?

Damn, I know plenty of guys retired at 38 from the military. I cant imagine 9 years more years in a Michigan public school.

3. VANWALL

VANWALL

No sympathy from someone who had to wait until 62 to retire.

4. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

How terribly sad! My heart bleeds for her shattered dreams of retirement. :upeyes: :rofl:

-Pat

5. windplex

windplex

i musta missed my notice of retirement at 47:rofl:

the teachers' union think this is a useful point to make -- i am very glad they do as they will alienate many, many people with this baloney

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

My heart bleeds for them.

7. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Guess they shoulda read the small print.

8. RayB

RayB Retired Member

I know you're in my neck of the woods, so you might have heard earlier this year, one Wisconsin public school teacher whining in earnest, that things were sooo hard now, that she was actually clipping coupons for her grocery shopping! :crying:

This cannot be allowed! :fist:

Scott Walker's gotta go! Ramp up my taxes and get these people back on The Fun Wave! :rant:

Because I don't mind paying for ridiculous salaries, perks, and benefits, the likes of which I never had—and I worked my flipping butt off, actually producing results! :steamed:

--Ray

9. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

As they say in the Polish Navy: "Toughski Sheetski". This month is the first time I have had my bills paid on time since 2008. I lost everything of value to save my home ------ 3rd and 4th generation gold, silverware, diamonds and guns. My wife and I sold our wedding rings. I did and now still do odd jobs and I always will even when times are good. I have no sympathy for anyone not willing to make the adjustments to take care of themselves and instead would prefer to sit back and whine. Our insurance benefits were sliced in half to make way for the wealth redistribution scheme these marxists are calling health care. We lost our 401K matching funds. SUCK IT Michigan Teachers!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  10. Brucev

Brucev

Hum... perhaps no one should be able to draw a retirement until they are 65, regardless of the source of that retirement. In fact, perhaps such restrictions need to be placed on all govt. retirements regardless of how that govt. retirement was earned. After all, what's good for the goose is... how do they say it... good for the gander. Or, would that be to (ahem...) "brutal?"

11. ted1

ted1

Not only that most of them up north make six figures per year. They pay none of there benefits. My wife is a teacher here in tx believe me teachers here get none of that. If we tried to get health insurance thru her job it would cost us $1700.00 per month.

Sent from my ADR6300

12. windplex

windplex

Ray, yes we are in the thick of it. I go out for drinks occasionally with my wife and her teacher friends -- wife teaches as a career choice after kids and business career -- she has perspective most people who have only taught in public school dont.

one teacher -- militant union type - complained she was spat on for being a teacher. many could not understand. i simply said there was a lot of ugly behavior in madison -- my wife kicked me under that -- her way of hinting i was getting too political:supergrin:

within teaching circles there is no perspective. fish dont know they are wet. teachers and other WI state. city employees dont know they are pampered like no other.

13. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

I retired from the military and still have to work to keep replacing stuff that wears out and buy food and such.
    I like working and will do so as long as I can be productive in my field.
    Work til the day I die and then a day off! :rofl:

14. RayB

RayB Retired Member

A perfectly reasonable sharp-angled response, and I mean that sincerely.

But maybe you should keep this in the context of a state that's a financial train wreck, and a public employee living as so many do, in her own private bubble, oblivious and uncaring of the realities of life in the real world, that mystical place that generates the revenue that pays her way...

Speaking for Wisconsin, these public sector employees are invariably Libtards, and by virtue of that fact, facilitate most of the financial hardships those of us in the private sector must simply live with! And all the while they demand to be immune from those hardships, themselves; and that's a tired load of crap!

Both the Liberal Democrat candidates for Governor in the upcoming Scott Walker Recall Election want to take the caps off property taxes, increase taxes to business, and reinstate combined reporting * for businesses. These are the very things that served to cripple our state's economy in the first place (thank you, Governor Jim Doyle...(LD)! Why do this? To appease the Big Unions and their self-appointed worker elites, to fund their lapdog politicians, and to restore the gravy train fun wave they demand the rest of us pay for!

While some government is of course necessary to an ordered society, government employees should not be represented by unions **, they should not enjoy collective bargaining, they should not occupy both sides of the bargaining table, and they should not be telling their employers how things are going to be! Besides, these big unions are nothing but money laundering operations for the Democrat Party... And we’re sick to death of their lapdog politicians corrupting every level of government!

You know, Wisconsin was long overdue for a reality check, as is Michigan, California, Ohio, etc.

Governor Scott Walker did exactly what he said he was going to do, and 90 percent of us have noticed no changes—except our property taxes didn’t go up this year!

Wisconsin now has a surplus instead of a deficit, below average unemployment, an encouraging business climate, Concealed Carry, and our Libtard public employees and their lapdog representatives have blocked (or tried to) this progress at every turn! They’ve contributed nothing to our recovery! And to this day, they’re hampering further progress at every level... They couldn’t care less about the rest of us or this state! Hell, most of them leave Wisconsin when they retire—they go where the tax burden is easier! All they care about is what they can plunder from Wisconsin and its private sector citizens!

I'm fond of pithy old sayings myself, Bruce. One of my favorites is, "It was too good to be true, so it isn't any more!"

--Ray

P.S. Again, I don't blame any individual for taking all they can get for themselves and their families. I do fault a unionized effort and a corrupted government that aims to butt-rape the rest of us!

* This has a company headquartered in Wisconsin paying taxes in Wisconsin for operations they may have in Hawaii, Texas, Haiti...

** Wisconsin has a litany of statutes protecting public sector employees.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  15. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

So you're poking fun at someone who went into public service with the prospect of retiring after 20 years? Huh, what other jobs do suppose fall into that category?

FWIW, here in NC, one can retire after 30 years of teaching with a pretty nice pension. There are no unions here.

16. boozer

boozer

62? 65? Ronald Reagan was elected President at 69, so he worked to raise the full S.S. retirement age to 67.

I don't plan on living that long, so all my "contributions" can go to someone else.