close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Michigan GSSF Purchase

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by alhall88, Mar 5, 2010.

1. alhall88

alhall88

Called Glock today to find the nearest participating dealer for Michigan and was a little miffed that the dealer makes you wait 3 to 6 weeks to get your gun even if they have it in stock. Dealer claims he can only get me the discount if I come in show my membership card pay for the gun and he will call me in 3 to 6 weeks when he gets it in. I guess its still worth the wait but I noticed he had 2 in stock that he wouldn't sell me.

2. jdwatson

jdwatson

That's a new twist !

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I don't like your dealer. I went in, showed my ID, walked out with a new G19RTF2.

4. RopeS

RopeS

What dealer was that??

5. alhall88

alhall88

Firing Line in Westland, its the only dealer within 2 hour drive for me. There are only 3 dealers total in Michigan.

6. RopeS

RopeS

Firing Line is notorious for that stuff. And worse. They told me they I could come in and order one and they would have it in a couple days. I don't trust them, and I'll get mine from CMP in Lansing, when I do decide what I want. (And I'm pretty close to Firingline)

7. James Dean

James Dean

I would call Ed's public safety and buy it online. They do GSSF right over the phone and have it sent to your FFL dealer and be sure to tell him what a great deal you got when you go to pick it up. They ship overnight.

8. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

Or make the drive to Lansing. I bought my GSSF pistol thru CMP Dist. and it was a very pleasant, no hassle deal.

9. rolado

rolado

My son got his G23 today at CMP Distributors. Very knowledgeable, quick and professional. Got 3 mags.

10. Justincase

Justincase

+1 for CMP and you get 3 mag with std. model guns. walk in and walk out, friendly no problem service.

FL in westland will sell to LEO&other FF ect.at discount, but makes GSSF wait on an order I guess they don't care about GSSF customers.

If you check their website it seems they have lots of Glocks in stock, it is just the way they choose to do things.

11. rabbivj

rabbivj

yeah ill plan on going to MPE or CMP since they are like 5 mi away from eachother...yeah Firing Line is useless imho...

12. JitzCaliber

JitzCaliber

I really like the folks at Michigan Police Equipment in Charlotte, near Lansing. I've never tried CMP, but will walk in to check them out based on the posts here.

About Firing Line, I have not gone there, but because of these remarks, I will now not be stopping in.

Funny, places like that spend a lot of money advertising in community rags, websites, etc. but when they have a solid customer ready to walk in, they pull this crap.

BTW, don't the folks at Firing Line know that you'll be purchasing ammo, and perhaps other guns if they took care of the GSSF members like the other two establishments?

Because of the service I've received as a GSSF member I go back. Like to purchase my Ruger LCP. Hopefully the folks at Firing Line will take a gander at this response and post.

Oh, I live in Michigan:wavey:

13. Klipper

Klipper Not Assimilated

Well color me uninformed. I very recently went to Firing Line (because it was closest) and ordered my GSSF pistol and just figured the wait was normal. :steamed:

I will see if I can get my certificate back and make the trip to Lansing. Thanks for the heads up.

14. alhall88

alhall88

Thanks for the input guys, yes I have the info on the other 2 dealers as well. Looks like I'll make a nice Saturday drive and go to Lansing. I have never used the firing line for any other purchases and it looks like it will stay that way.

15. rolado

rolado

CMP not open on Sat.

16. HDRider2002

HDRider2002

I'm also from michigan, and will most likely be getting something from Ed's as i don't feel like making the 2+ hour drive to lansing. Between the shipping ($15 for overnight is pretty reasonable) and FFL transfer fee its right about the cost of tax, so its a wash as far as i'm concerned!

17. G36shooter

G36shooter

Don't waste your time, gas or money at FL go to CMP they sell you a blue label gun w/three mags. call ahead to check stock. Bought my G22rtf2 there plus Fed.HST ammo. CMP is worth the time and drive.

18. joeirish

joeirish

Hi all. I to am having problems at
    firing line. Went in with my cert
    and membership card. They took
    copies of my cert, and membership
    card. Told me to highlite on the cert
    what gun I wanted. And said they
    would have to order it and it would
    take 6 to 8 weeks to recieve. I think
    that's nuts. Great service yaaa
    I thought that was just the procedure
    as that's how they explained it. Had I
    have read these threads first, would
    have never gone there. And after this
    is done will not go back. To me they
    acted as if I was ordering the toy
    on the back of the cereal box.

19. barto

barto

Has anyone bought through CMP or MPE in Lansin area with just the GSSF card?

I'm a new member and just thought I would ask.

20. RopeS

RopeS

Well I just made the trip to CMP today, and it went very very smooth. Great people to deal with there(spoke to Joe on the phone and dealt with Randy), and got the 3 mags with my G19. Had them install GNS on that and my G26 I took there. Very good experience and highly recommended over FiringLine. Well worth the drive.