Michigan Constitutional Carry

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Steve34, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Steve34

Steve34

I don't have high hopes, but something is happening.

2. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

Steve34 likes this.

3. Steve34

Steve34

I heard about it. Hopefully it goes through. :)

4. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE supporter of the second amendment, in principal I'm all for it. The only reason I have reservations, is because I do think that someone who goes through the process to get their carry license, is more likely to be responsible about it and be more aware of the consequences of using a gun.

I think statistics show that people with a carry license are much more likely to be good, law abiding citizens than the rest of the population. Something about the idea that any yahoo who can scrape up $150 to buy a High Point can legally carry it concerns me a little.

But again, I do support the Constitution, and if this was something that we voted on, I would vote for it.

Radam3 likes this.
  5. Radam3

Radam3

It'd also be nice to get rid of the ridiculously high permit and renewal fees. I gotta renew mine this year, and it's technically more to renew it than it was to get it!

6. Steve34

Steve34

There are 6 states already. Vermont is one of the safest state in the US. They always had Constitutional Carry. Alaska, AZ, etc, they all changed to permitless carry and the crime went down, not up. The murder/homicide rate didn't raise. Especially not by legal gun owners. :)

mj9mm and SJ 40 like this.
  7. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

It's been working in Vermont since 1791 and before,by the way there is not blood running in Vermont's lanes and dells. SJ 40

mj9mm likes this.
  8. gt1122

gt1122

Maine adopted a no-permit concealed carry law last year, but Bloomberg recently financed a successful "universal background check" ballot initiative like Washington state has. It will be voted on next November.

It is hard to avoid worrying about the gun banners getting this stupid Bloomberg law passed this fall, and it would pretty much wreck our otherwise tolerable gun purchase and ownership rights.

This type of law is in part a mandatory gun registration law and it also makes felons out of people who happen to share, sell, or loan their firearms. Basically, these new Bloomberg laws effectively make possession the same as ownership and so they require a NICS check for each change of possession as well as each change of ownership. This would of course be a major disaster for gun ownership in Maine.

SJ 40 likes this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11

I'm glad to see that more states are coming to their senses and taking back their anti-American run states.