Glock Talk banner

Mexico hunts prosecutor's killers

676 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  PuroMexicano
Andrés was a very good friend of mine for quite some time now.
The coward scumbags executed him apparently on his way home.

Rest in peace my friend, you had the cojones and you paid the ultimate price, we will always look up to you and admire your courage. See you later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7691475.stm

Mexico hunts prosecutor's killers

Mr Dimitriadis had headed the organised crime unit in Morelos

Mexico has offered a reward worth $370,000 (£233,000) for information leading to the arrest of the killers of a leading prosecutor and two guards.

Andres Dimitriadis headed an investigation into organised crime and drugs trafficking in the state of Morelos, near the capital Mexico City.

He was shot in his car in the Morelos city of Cuernavaca on Friday as he drove home.

Drug-related violence has claimed more than 4,000 lives in Mexico this year.

The prosecutor's two bodyguards were also killed in the attack, in which gunmen fired more than 100 rounds of ammunition at the moving vehicle.
BBC map

They struck about 300m (yards) from the local headquarters of the Mexican federal police, the Spanish news agency Efe reports.

Mr Dimitriadis may have been killed by members of one of two drug cartels fighting for control of the trade in Morelos, the authorities say.

Some 20 other people were killed on Friday alone in similar violent attacks across Mexico.

President Felipe Calderon recently deployed tens of thousands of troops to combat the drug-traffickers.

http://www.topnews.in/law/violence-continues-mexico-two-more-human-heads-are-found

Violence continues in Mexico as two more human heads are found
Submitted by Raman Iyer on Fri, 10/24/2008 - 21:53.

Mexico City - Mexican police in two different towns on Friday discovered two human heads of alleged victims of drug- trafficking gangs, hours after a deputy state attorney general was killed along with two bodyguards.

Mexico's Attorney General's Office offered a reward worth some 350,000 dollars for useful information about the death late Thursday of Andres Dimitriadis Juarez, who was in charge of fighting organized crime, including drug trafficking, kidnappings and extortion, in the central state of Morelos.

Dimitriadis Juarez was attacked from two vehicles as he drove an official car through an avenue in the city of Cuernavaca, some 80 kilometres from Mexico City. Police counted more than 100 shells.

Organized crime is claiming an average of 20 lives per day in Mexico.

The gruesome finds on Friday, included the head of a man discovered in a cooler at the port city of Lazaro Cardenas, in the western state of Michoacan, with a message allegedly signed by the Gulf Cartel.

In a separate incident, the head of another man was found inside a black plastic bag that had been left in the municipality of Cuautitlan, a few kilometres north-west of Mexico City.

Drug traffickers often leave their victims' heads with messages in public places, in a strategy that authorities say seeks to generate fear.

Earlier this week, four heads were found in a cooler sent to the police station in the town of Ascension, in northern Mexico.

Violence has reached record levels this year in Mexico, with more than 4,000 dead since January in incidents related to organized crime. At the beginning of the year, there was an average of 10 killings per day, but the figure has doubled in recent months.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
his car after the attack:

· Girl w/a Glock
4,128 Posts
Puro, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and hope that the violence comes to an end down south.

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
My condolences Puro, He was a very brave man, and his courage and dedication Honors us all.

· Registered
2,890 Posts
Those AG guys are bad ass's. They are who is really winning the war on these cowards. Puro sorry for the loss man. I hope they find the bastard and let him rot in the Chiuauan desert.

On a side not these investigators are known for being untouchable in Mexico. That is why the cartels hate them so much.

· Kilted Muppet
2,163 Posts
RIP, hermano.

PuroMex, you guys keep on fighting the good fight. Buena suerte, 'mano

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
My prayers for him and his friends and family, as well as for those who were killed with them.

My condolences to you all Puro. It is a sad thing. I wish for the perpetrators to of course be caught. I indeed wish for the peace of God which is greater than our understanding of it to be upon you all, not only on the side of good law enforcement officers and their allies in your country, but upon your country and their people. To the extent that a change of heart would occur amongst those who currently side with evil. Prayer to God for deliverance from the Enemy of our souls, and prayer to God for you all as a force for good will be on my lips, among other prayers.

I have been to your country several times, and know that there are good people there. I could only think that they would appreciate your efforts and those who work on your side of law.

· VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts