Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
venivedivici
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090517/ts_nm/us_mexico_drugs

Suspected drug gang frees 53 from Mexico prison

ZACATECAS, Mexico (Reuters) – Suspected members of a Mexican drug cartel disguised as federal police swept into a prison in the northern state of Zacatecas on Saturday and freed 53 inmates, police and army officials said.

The early-morning jailbreak, which took less than five minutes and involved no violence, was carried out by 20 heavily armed men who arrived in 10 vehicles and a helicopter, they said.

All of the escaped prisoners are believed to be members of the armed wing of Mexico's Gulf Cartel, one of the country's most powerful criminal organizations.

The men were allowed into the state prison after saying they were there for a prisoner transfer, officials said.

Some 40 guards and administrators who were on duty at the time are in custody, Zacatecas Governor Amalia Garcia told a news conference.

"There is evidence that the guards and prison authorities were accomplices," he said.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon has staked his presidency on crushing drug gangs that killed 6,300 people last year across the nation. The United States is increasingly alarmed by the violence, fearing it could spill across the border.

Zacatecas has so far seen little of the drug-related violence that has rocked other northern states.

Garcia said state and federal police along with the army were searching for the prisoners. Earlier reports had said 59 inmates escaped.

·
venivedivici
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Legalizing the drug is the only way this violence will stop, period.

There is no sound evidence that would lead anyone to believe that prohibiting MariJ is a prudent maxim.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

There is no sound evidence that would lead anyone to believe that prohibiting MariJ is a prudent maxim.
Do you think the Drug War in Mexico is about Marijuana? Marijuana is not the big moneymaker. Coke,ice and heroin are the big moneymakers. A great deal of marijuana sold in the USA is also grown here.

There is no sound evidence that legalizing marijuana would do anything but create MORE drug users and associated health problems similiar but worse than tobacco.

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts

Pure leftist bullship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :upeyes: :whistling: :steamed:

·
Banned
3,671 Posts
legalizing MJ tells youth that its OK. The cartels shift what they focus on, onto much harder drugs. Youth experiment more because hey, they lied about MJ. As it is MJ is a very small percetage of what they make their money off of.

Even if you subscribe to the theory that MJ is not legalize because it is too easy to grow and thus a tax control wont work, its the ecstacy, crack, heroin and others that make them the real money, so the cartels will not go away.

And dont forget that the system already HAS a MJ tax stamp, they just dont issue them.

·
Premium Member
28,686 Posts
All these guys had to do was show the guards video of their dogs being killed, and their women and children being held at gunpoint.

In the face of overwhelming threat of use of mayhem, many of us here would also crumble. It is a very thin veneer between civilization, and wanton chaos.

NYC Drew
A been there seen that kinda guy.

·
Registered
726 Posts
assassinations / murder. kidnapping. gun trafficking. prostitution. money laundering. car theft. government corruption. etc.... all ties into the sale of mexican based narcotics.

anyone who thinks that legalizing any form of narcotics (mj in this post) will reduce this criminal activity, is smoking too much.

·
57 state tour!
2,048 Posts
Mines, moats, fences, dogs and drones.

The absolute kindest thing we can do for the Mexican people is to stop enabling their feudal government to remain in power...and help them to begin their revolution.

The huge majority of Mexican people are peace loving and law abiding...just like your own neighbors are.

They are afflicted with both a corrupt government and a criminal class run wild.

This is what happens to a people disarmed...they are prey to both their own government and criminals...

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
It must be maddening to be an honest soldier or policeman in Mexico. While you are trying to arrest the bad guys, your boss is accepting bribes to protect them.

America's War On Drugs mostly consists of D.A.R.E. and Just Say No and some druggies in the pokey. Mexico's drug war involves squad level combat in the cities between soldiers and gangsters with fully automatic weapons (purchased from Walmart in Arizona, don't you know). That's not going to change as long as Mexican government officials keep accepting money from the drug kingpins.

I really cannot wrap my brain around the concept of a whole nation run on the bribery and blackmail system, but I understand that is how Mexico is run. What an effing craphole. Too bad, too. Most of the people and much of the country is really nice. I've stopped going there, even though I can see it from my car as I drive around town.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
legalizing MJ tells youth that its OK. The cartels shift what they focus on, onto much harder drugs. Youth experiment more because hey, they lied about MJ. As it is MJ is a very small percetage of what they make their money off of.

Even if you subscribe to the theory that MJ is not legalize because it is too easy to grow and thus a tax control wont work, its the ecstacy, crack, heroin and others that make them the real money, so the cartels will not go away.

And dont forget that the system already HAS a MJ tax stamp, they just dont issue them.
Right, like the fact that alchohol is legal tells kids they should just stay drunk all the time.

If we look at this from a couple of rational (not knee-jerk emotionalism) angles we can see that criminalizing drug use causes more problems than it solves.

If we allow women to abort children because "it's their body" then, why can't people ingest what they want?

Most of the violence associated with drug use is linked directly to its prohibition.

People will have substance abuse problems regardless of the legality of the substance.

If you continue to fight to keep drugs in the criminal compartment your country has placed them in, you can count on a criminal element making money (and power) from it.

When I was in Junior High it was a whole lot easier for me to get meth, weed, heroine, coke and PCP than it was for me to get beer. The guy who sold the beer had a vested interest in not selling it to people who were underage.

Keep your puritanical blinders on, though, the world will eventually change to suit your delicate sensibilities. I'm just sure of it.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
This will not end well.

·
dimly lit
798 Posts
Mines, moats, fences, dogs and drones.

The absolute kindest thing we can do for the Mexican people is to stop enabling their feudal government to remain in power...and help them to begin their revolution.

The huge majority of Mexican people are peace loving and law abiding...just like your own neighbors are.

They are afflicted with both a corrupt government and a criminal class run wild.

This is what happens to a people disarmed...they are prey to both their own government and criminals... 05-18-2009 03:51
Amen, couldn't have said it better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts