1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sunburnt baldy
238 Posts
If it ain't broke, why fix it?

·
Ελλάδα
397 Posts
Spose it means that Glocks patents have run out?

Who knows about patents? How long are they good for?

:patriot:

It all depends on how long you get them for.. the most common ones are 20 years.. but for large businesses such as Glock I'm almost positive they have a chance to renew it. But, I don't believe that this would be an infringement on a patent but rather an upgrade for a pistol.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
why would you expect more recoil from a heavier pistol. In most cases a heavier gun will provide less recoil due to absorbing the forces of the shot.
Even though my HK USP45f was purpose built for the new hotter 45 ACP +P loads my two full size 1911s handle the recoil of the SXT 230 grain +Ps better due to the 10 or so ounces of extra weight. Also due to the excellent design of the 1911. Still the idea of a metal framed Glock or USP does not appeal to me. With standard pressure loads the HK is pretty soft shooting.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
why would you expect more recoil from a heavier pistol. In most cases a heavier gun will provide less recoil due to absorbing the forces of the shot.
Weight would take some of it but the polymer frame is what absorbs a lot of the recoil by it's flexing and all.

Still like others have said, it's a waste of money to me.

·
Paper Killer
3,065 Posts
glock has to be pissed about this gun. It looks like a complete glock copy. Yet, robar is acting like its a new gun. Its the same thing that makes me kinda mad when I pick up a new magazine and see the 35 pages dedicated to 1911 pistols. seriously, they are all the similar thing. different sights, a few custom options, etc..

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
glock has to be pissed about this gun. It looks like a complete glock copy. Yet, robar is acting like its a new gun. Its the same thing that makes me kinda mad when I pick up a new magazine and see the 35 pages dedicated to 1911 pistols. seriously, they are all the similar thing. different sights, a few custom options, etc..
Shh you'll stir up the 1911 aficionado's who think minor differences between stock models means "custom".

·
Paper Killer
3,065 Posts
I get that the 1911 is a great operating system. Learned that like 65 million times. Its been around since 1910. I think that everyone knows its great. Time to put that baby to bed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shot all-steel Glock in IPSC open for 2 years in that configuration. The CCF frame is a tighter fit to the Glock slide. Overall felt recoil is reduced (even without the ported barrel :supergrin:). I spent a lot of time running both polymer and steel frames with the same internals. I found the both stock and performance trigger configurations were crisper than with the polymer frame. Weight the biggest issue, the SS frame will make this Glock weigh closer to a 1911 all-steel gun.

You need to fit the barrel if you do it yourself, it's definitely not a drop and go situation.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I get that the 1911 is a great operating system. Learned that like 65 million times. Its been around since 1910. I think that everyone knows its great. Time to put that baby to bed.
Why put to bed what works and works well?

Anyway, to get back on topic. I don't really see the point either...:dunno:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not worth 1445.00 dollars the price I saw one listed for.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts