close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Met-Rx still one of the best supps?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by G20man32904, Mar 28, 2006.

1. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

Looking at meal replacements (powders) and the bars.

Back in the day, when I was a rat, Met-Rx was king. Is it still one of the best?
    Best place on-line to order from?

My requirements for meal replacements are less than 350 calories, 250mgs of sodium and not a killer amount of potassium (heart condition, very sensitive to potassium levels) and obviously a good amount of proteins and low fat.

Right now I am still just doing about 45-60minutes of cardio so building lean muscle is not a priority but losing fat is...

Thanks Y’all!
    :beer:

2. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

3. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

If you're talking strictly about protein/MRPs I was never a fan of Met-RX, it gave me a stomach ache. Right now, I use Biotest's Grow, which is actually called Metabolic Drive now. It tastes ok, at least in Vanilla and Chocolate, they've got a couple of other flavors too. The nutritional info should be available on their website. Other than that, I like Lee Labrada's stuff, it mixes easily and tastes pretty good, plus it offers both MRPs and straight protein. There's also the protein factory, which has their own custom blends or will let you create your own for a specific purpose. I've tried them a few times and the taste has varied considerably, but I've never had any complaints about the quality. Neither has anyone else I've talked to about it.

4. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

5. robNsaTX

robNsaTX Millennium Member

As far as where to order, the best place I've found pricewise (for what I use... Myoplex) is www.fitrx.com I've placed 2 large orders with them and been very happy with their service.

Rob

6. robNsaTX

Just curious by the way... you said "Back in the Day" talking about Met-Rx.. I'm not sure when that was, but do you remember when Met-Rx came in the two canisters and you had to mix one with your liquid then mix in the other? It was when it first came out... what a hassle it was haha. I can remember doing that in my dorm room and remember when it started coming in a simple package that you just mixed in once... I thought it was such a breakthough :supergrin:

Rob

7. chrisman17

chrisman17 Boom

Muscle Milk by Cytosport is my Fav, I go through about 5 2.5 lb tubs a month! Mixes easy and I haven't found a bad flavor, although I haven't tried the rootbeer flavor yet... Even the regular cytosport complete whey tastes damn good. I think Met-rx is still living in the 90s when all protein shakes tasted like ****.

8. robNsaTX

:shocked: How many do you drink a day and how many scoops do you put in per shake???

Rob :treadmill:

9. chrisman17

chrisman17 Boom

I usually drink 2 a day... One in the morning(mocha joe flavor) and then one after training. A serving is considered 2 scoops, which is 30 gms of protein. 20 servings per tub. Most of the time I just use 1 serving, unless I'm drinking the shake as a meal replacement in which case I might use 2 servings... It's one of the few powders that tastes good even when mixing with water alone. Definitely try it and the less expensive Complete Whey line. My favorite muscle milk flavors are Mocha Joe(coffee), Banana Creme, Strawberry Banana, and Chocolate Milk.

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/viewitem.asp?idproduct=1462

10. robNsaTX

I'll definately give it a try when my current tubs of protein shake are gone (It's NASTY when mixed with so your mention that MM is actually good that way is exciting)

:cheers:

rob

11. SkaOG

SkaOG

I like PowerBar Protien plus bars as a snack. They fill ya up and have a good amount of Protien without too much sugar. And they taste good.

12. chrisman17

chrisman17 Boom

I found the best tasting and healthiest protein bars to be Tri-o-plex by Chef Jay. They aren't coated in chocolate like most bars so they won't melt in your car, they provide 30g of protein (3 diff proteins), low sugar, and like I said before they taste great!!!!

The only 4 supplements I take purchase are:
    Sam's cheapo multi vitamins
    Cytosport Muscle Milk Protein powder
    Tri-o-plex bars (choc coconut is my fav)
    BSN Cell-Mass (creatine)

13. cpileri

cpileri

I actually thought it tasted better than the new stuff! but i am not normal.

The best place i have found for the ORIGINAL formulation, in packets not 2 cans, is houstonbuyersclub.com
    its not on the website, you have to call or walk in to order it.

(please, no comments on HOW i found the place, OK.)

14. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

Met-Rx is still a good protein suppliment. Actually, it's the only protein shake I've ever tried that I thought tasted good. I'd use Met-Rx more if it wasn't so expensive.