Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Love's truckstop and a couple deer hunters were getting out of their pickup in front of me at the pumps. Saw one was carrying a sidearm and as he walked by ,,just to make conversation I said something to the effect,,'What kinda' pistol ya totin' there pard ?
He had a CZ 75 D Compact. Nice guy too,,he stepped over to my vehicle and very safely dropped the mag and removed the chambered round and let me examine his CZ. I LIKE that model, very much so. I'm a fan of the compact size pistols anyways.
I didn't ask him if I could dry fire it so I can't speak of the trigger.
He was all positive about it,,said he loved it as well as any side arm he ever owned.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
I have a Turkish clone just like the compact, except with an aluminum frame. I carried it deer hunting today. I have a full size steel frame clone as well. Triggers can be improved with a spring kit from Cajun Gun Works, but are not bad stock. I was able to get a gas station breakfast this morning before hunting. Very limited choices for breakfast at 5:00 AM, on Thanksgiving, in a small town.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Was at Love's truckstop
Good coffee

He stepped over to my vehicle and very safely dropped the mag and removed the chambered round and let me examine his CZ.
Unnecessary administrative handling leads to negligent discharges.

I don't unholster in public
I don't disarm and hand my gun to random strangers (really ever) in the parking lot at Love's Truck Stop.

I don't believe this ever happened

·
Anti-Federalist
25,276 Posts
Good coffee

Unnecessary administrative handling leads to negligent discharges.

I don't unholster in public
I don't disarm and hand my gun to random strangers (really ever) in the parking lot at Love's Truck Stop.

I don't believe this ever happened

City folks never believe country folk stories.

·
Registered
548 Posts
City folks never believe country folk stories.
The poster admitted to lying to make a point in another discussion.

I actually had a guy pull out his 1911 for show and tell in a Walmart a couple of years ago.

It's just not something I would do.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got one for you back in the 90s I was driving a truck tractor trailer through Tennessee I 24 and I get stoped at the The scale and he found something wrong with the truck don’t remember now what it was but I got shut down he said I can’t go until I get it fixed. This was at night so I went to sleep and I woke up in the morning and I walked into the scale house and they were talking guns and they told me they just got these new law enforcement ammo what it was was Federal hydra shock. So one of them pulls out his gun drops the magazine and hands it to me and says look at that so I looked at it listen to him talk a while And then Hand back his magazine and said I gotta go. And I never fixed it and left never got in trouble for it.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I wonder if The Night Rider is not going to believe this story either.....
It is what it is. Night Rider can be any way night rider want's to be. I'm not his keeper..and I'm not here to talk about him..NR is a **** head.

But I want one'a the CZ 75 compacts now,,bad. But heck, I want ever gun I ever see that I don't have.

·
AK-74
2,863 Posts
I try not to talk to anybody but at a gun show.Too many wack jobs out there now i DON'T EVEN WANT THEM TO KNOW I AM EVER ARMED. Don't even wear the Nam vet hat Nam era vet or thought of Korea Vet cap.
or crazy emblazoned gun t-shirts.

About as a Unsuspecting Person as you would ever meet.That is how you stay good in the concrete jungle.its when you ask questions and do crazy you have
Military uniform Musician Armour Shotgun Music

a issue.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
We're very rural. People here don't give much thought to carrying in whatever manner. I don't intimidate and I never met someone I wouldn't speak to. Unless you're a honest to God **** head then I'll ignore you.
Not unusual, Couple groups of hunters. Showing off their kill or sport equipment.
Hunters are usually very approachable, appreciative of the attention especially if they have a big buck tagged out in the back of their vehicle

·
NRA Life Member
6,668 Posts
Thats a beautiful pistol! My woods gun/BUG to a rifle whether I am hiking, camping, fishing, or whatever outdoors is a 6" Smith 629. I carry it in a nice leather vertical shoulder rig. I carry two speed loaders on the off side. One loaded with my favorite bear load, and the second one is three bear loads and three rounds of snake shot. That CZ would be a little light for some of the critters we have around here.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts