close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Messiah

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by rustytxrx, May 9, 2013.

1. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

A few of the residents.

[​IMG]

A few more are of this quality.

[​IMG]

2. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

It is blood shed.

Revelation 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

3. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

And this is something you're looking forward to happening in your lifetime?

4. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

Yes, Jesus is doing it to save those who are in trouble. He did not start the fight. The time of trouble is anarchy started by satan aided by his minions of fallen mankind.

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

5. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

Sure he did. In the beginning there was the word and the word was with God. Maybe they shoulda just kept on moving instead of creating such a Cluster-F.

6. Animal Mother

So why didn't God/Jesus/Holy Ghost stop them? Satan isn't omnipotent. God is supposed to be. Why not just stop the evil with a wave of His/His/Its hand rather than dealing with rivers of blood and slaughter? Is God evil? Does He enjoy slaughtering millions?

7. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

God has principles that He does not bend. He does not force the conscience. He provided an Ark but He did not force people on it. He pleaded with them, but they refused just as they are refusing today.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
    Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

8. Animal Mother

What are they?
    How does protecting innocents from harm force the conscience?
    When was getting on the Ark an option for anyone but Noah and his family?

9. lomfs24

lomfs24

So the Pope calls all the priests of the world together in a huge convention at the Vatican. He tells them that he has some good news and some bad news. They all cry that they want the good news first.

"Well, then the good news first. I just got off the phone with Jesus Christ himself. He is back on the earth and alive and well for the second coming" he says.

They all cry out, "What could possibly be the bad news then? All the worlds problems are solved. Christ has returned!"

He replies, "He called collect from Salt Lake City!" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  10. DonCT

DonCT

And how much did he plead with the first-born of Egypt, before murdering them all?

11. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

I tend to lurk on this site, it being too contentious for my tastes. I feel compelled to comment on the belief of some, from comments I’ve seen on this site and in conversations I’ve had over the years with others, that just know God (or his representative in his son, not sure how it’s supposed to play out) will come down and slaughter billions of human beings based on their beliefs. From their descriptions of the prophesized events they would have you believe that God was a homicidal maniac. And they appear to look forward to this event and purport to worship such an entity.

I mean, really now.

12. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

It's cause he loves us bro.

13. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

philosophy, science, religion :- only one fact exists. If you exist sometime you won't. life, earth, solar system, God, Universe.....infinite. anything else is pure speculation.

14. DonCT

DonCT

None of those things are infinite.

15. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

People don't believe because they don't obey. Faith is not some concept floating out there somewhere that you just are supposed to believe. It is real and available to anyone who wants it. You just have to do. Fear stops most people from actually obeying. It takes many forms. Christians are afraid that what they believe might be wrong. God does not fear your questions. He wants you to be convinced in your own heart.

Isa 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” says יהוה. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Psa 34:8 Oh, taste and see that יהוה is good; Blessed is the man that takes refuge in Him!

16. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

lol yes I I meant finite. the ipad thinks it is going last for ever.

17. brokenprism

brokenprism

To answer the OP, the angel who appeared at His ascension said He would come again "in like manner." That is, He will come in the clouds, publicly, and will set His foot on the Mt. of Olives. Info from other books adds that an earthquake will split the city of Jerusalem and open a valley from the dead Sea to the Mediterranean. This all happens in the context of the Battle of Armageddon where the armies of the earth gather to fight each other but then turn to fight Him, so as others have said, His return will be common knowledge.

This glorious appearing will more or less answer the Jews expectation of His arrival, and they will be instantly aware that this is the Messiah they rejected the first time; they'll "look upon Him Whom they pierced and mourn for Him."

Kinda interesting that the two witnesses who die in Jerusalem -- another tribulation event -- lie dead in the streets for 3 days, and the "whole earth" celebrates with giving of presents because they're no longer "tormenting" the earth. How, but during an age of video news broadcast, could the whole world know anything in the space of 3 days, yet this was foretold long before postcards, let alone an instant global broadcast.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  18. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I feel your pain, autocorrect is such a piece of shut.

Randy

19. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I read a novel years ago about the Second Coming, was pretty interesting. A steelworker on a high rise skeleton swung out on a beam to rescue a fellow worker, saved him, but in the process slipped off and fell to the ground. He survived without a scratch. People thought he was the 2nd coming, the Church checked him out, etc. etc. He didn't know what was going on, some believed, some thought he was a fraud, that it was some sort of trick.

Interesting look at the reactions of modern day people to an actual apparent miracle... It was 20, 30 years ago, can't remember the title.

ETA: Thanks to the internet, I present to you:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Second-Son-Charles-Sailor/dp/0380455676"]The Second Son: Charles Sailor: 9780380455676: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51a4WABpZqL.@@AMEPARAM@@51a4WABpZqL[/ame]
    Randy

20. brokenprism

brokenprism

If they thought that, it's because they were underinformed about the revealed details. This explains why Jesus cautioned against following false messiahs -- if you don't know what the signs of His coming are, you'll believe anyone's claim (Koresh, whoever). Curiously, His disciples asked for that exact thing -- the signs of His return.