Glock Talk banner

Mercedes owners

2716 Views 44 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Fireman1291
I have two Benz, 2017 C300 and a 2015 S550. What model (and year) Mercs do you drive?
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
As a purveyor of European made vehicles I have owned a variety including Audi, Range Rover, BMW, Porsche and Mercedes. In my humble opinion Mercedes offers more in their engineering and build quality for your $
I lease (and or) buy a new car every 3 years or so.

My first car (in high school) was a Saab 9-3 5 speed manual (my dad gave it to me after he leased a new Porsche). After I graduated from CU-Boulder I leased a Maserati Quattroporte ( it was a piece of crap I had the dealership buy it back under lemon law). Then after that I got a M3 drove that for a couple of years and sold it. Bought a 5 series, then traded it in for the C300. I really like my S550 the most.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've had diesels since 1982. either VW's or Mercedes or both at the same time. :)
Diesel vehicles (especially small passenger cars) tend to get better fuel economy and have allot more torque (which I suppose only matters if you are towing things). But some of these small passenger petrol engine cars can get very good fuel economy some around 30-35-40+ MPG which for a petrol combustible engine that is impressive.

· Registered
20,217 Posts
Nothing so splendid as others have posted, but my wife drives a 2007 C280 4Matic that we bought as a CPO 11 years ago. It is just about to cross 100k, and I've just about convinced her to replace it next year (gonna hand it off to daughter). But it still runs fine, handles well, looks great.

I drive an Audi, but will probably buy a Benz next time too.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mine is a replica built by a German Coach builder to exact specs. An original just sold for $4.5 million. I don’t have that deep of pockets. Silver with red leather.
I like replica cars, I have seen some kit cars in Germany (and Switzerland) people will buy 60s era corvettes and mustang kit cars and assemble the kit on a modern frame.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nothing so splendid as others have posted, but my wife drives a 2007 C280 4Matic that we bought as a CPO 11 years ago. It is just about to cross 100k, and I've just about convinced her to replace it next year (gonna hand it off to daughter). But it still runs fine, handles well, looks great.

I drive an Audi, but will probably buy a Benz next time too.
I like older Audi (1980s-1990s models) mostly anything pre 2000s-present era, though there are a few late models that I like. Audi is different than BMW or Mercedes in that it is a younger company.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.