Glock Talk banner

Mercedes owners

2715 Views 44 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Fireman1291
I have two Benz, 2017 C300 and a 2015 S550. What model (and year) Mercs do you drive?
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
15,277 Posts
I don't drive a Mercedes, but I have considered one.
Of the German car makers, Mercedes would be my first choice.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't drive a Mercedes, but I have considered one.
Of the German car makers, Mercedes would be my first choice.
I use to have a BMW 5 series but it was made in China and the build quality was terrible. I traded it in about a month ago for my C300 and I highly doubt I will go back to BMW, unless they started producing reliable quality cars.

· Registered
15,277 Posts
I use to have a BMW 5 series but it was made in China and the build quality was terrible. I traded it in about a month ago for my C300 and I highly doubt I will go back to BMW, unless they started producing reliable quality cars.
I never cared for BMWs. Got a bad taste for them back in the 70s when I worked in my dads auto repair shop.

Reactions: Highspeed93

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never cared for BMWs. Got a bad taste for them back in the 70s when I worked in my dads auto repair shop.
They use to make BMW (and most other cars) by hand until about 94-95. After 2005 the build quality went to ****. Not that many German cars are made in Deutschland anymore not since about the early 2000s.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for a full size 5 passenger sedan it can get 30+mpg on trips. Wife treats the speed limits as a "suggested" speed so she tends to be well above the posted limits (at least +10).
That is very good. I can average 32-34 if I am conservative but I drive in Sport + allot and do not care about the fuel economy.

· This used to be AMERICA........
2,462 Posts
I think German build quality was far better years ago. I like "most" of them, but I would be very hesitant of owning one after the factory warranty runs out. Old ones had far, far less plasticky stuff - as with most modern cars. But I own a 1993 BMW which is not too bad. Newer models just don't do it for me.
Besides,... Scotty Kilmer.......!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.