close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meprolights on G-30SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by huntingbuddy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

I had my local shop install a set of Meprolight night sights on my G-30SF on Saturday. When I got home I was reading the paperwork that they gave me, I noticed that the sight model number was ML-10224 and it said they were for 9mm, .357 Sig, .40, and 45 Gap. I looked it up on the web and the proper sight number should have been ML-10222 for the 45 ACP and 10mm. I called the shop and they said they had installed the wrong sight, but it would work fine because the only difference is in the length (not height) of the front site. I intended to call Meprolight to ask them, but they are in Israel, quit a long distance call, so I E-mailed them but I have not received a response. Any ideas from someone who might know would be appreciated.

2. andyo5

andyo5

Shoot the gun and see if it hits where you want it to. If it does, take no further action.

3. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

:goodpost:... Plus, how much did that run ya? I was looking into NS for my G39, but didn't want to mess anything up so I'll have my FFL install them.

4. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

These sights are available in either 6.5mm or 6.9mm heights.

The default size of sights per model are as follows:
    The 6.5mm sights are for the G17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 37, 37, and 38.

The 6.9mm sights are for the G20, 21, 29, 30, 31 and 32 including SF models.

The sights you had installed on your G30SF are .4mm shorter than they are suppose to be.

5. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

Thanks AK47MAN,

As previously stated, I have E-mailed Meprolight and have not yet received a response. I payed $100.00 plus tax for those sights, they should be the right ones, I am going to demand that they install the correct sights. Thanks for the help.