Meprolight Question

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Ajon412, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Ajon412

Ajon412

I just installed a set of Mepro's on my new / used G22. I noticed that the rear sight, when seated, allows a small amount of light between the sight and dovetail slot along the top of the frame. Does anyone know if this is normal or is it just my luck? I've mounted / re-mounted them a few times, but still encounter the same condition. It's noticeable when bringing the pistol up to eye level and acquiring a sight picture. All of my handguns have Trijicons and I don't have this problem. Any feedback / suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

Nine don't have this problem. I have them on my G17, G19, and G26. That's all I can offer.

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

You're saying that the rear sight sits slightly elevated from the top of the slide, with the dovetail tightly in place, right?

You should only see this slight gap from the side, right?

Tell me, is there a set screw to secure the rear sight?

--Ray

4. Ajon412

Ajon412

Ray,
    -The rear sight is in place and is seated inside the dovetail, flush.
    -The slight gap can be seen when looking at the rear of the sight, between the bottom of the sight , just below the tritium inserts and the top of the slide.
    -No, there is no set screw.
    -The gap is more noticeable when looking at the front of the rear sight.
    -I checked to make sure that I had the proper sight for a G22 (small "-" marking on the side of the rear sight).
    -I'm going to un-install and re-install them again, just to make sure.

Thanks for your feedback.

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

It sounds like the sight is designed that way--to sit a bit proud of the slide, with the dovetail fitted into place.

My Dawson Precision Adjustable Rear Target Sight does this, and it is not defective--that's how it's designed.

If you open and zoom on the attached pic, you can make out what I mean... I can slip a business card between the sight and the top of the slide, though the dovetail assembly fits snug.

The sight has stayed put for 12,000+ rounds in almost four years.

--Ray

6. Ajon412

Ajon412

Ray.....Yes, I see what you mean. I guess this is just the way the Mepro's are designed. As mentioned, all of my other Glocks have Trijicons and I'm just used to the way they sit in the dovetail. No biggie. I'll have to get used to it. I couldn't pass up a good deal on the sights from another GT member. Thanks again for the imput.